help with veas movie studio hd platinum 11

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Clonky_McNeckhole
Org Profile

help with veas movie studio hd platinum 11

Post by Clonky_McNeckhole » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 pm

i have searched the entire internet and tried about 35 different supposed fixes and nothin has fixed my problem. i bought vegas movie studio hd platinum 11 about a week ago. downloaded it from sony's website. installed it just as instructed. registered it and the whole nine. my problem is IT CRASHES CONSTANTLY!!! i'll start it up load some clips into it and start workin. about 10-20 mins later it will start crashing and will not stop. i have done everything i can think of including a complete wipe and reinstall thinkin that maybe something i installed previously may have been causin the issue. ANY help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. i have 4 gigs of ram, a 2.8ghz intel core i5 processor, and windows 7 home premium. any other info you need please let me know. thanks for your time.

Clonky_McNeckhole
Org Profile

Re: help with veas movie studio hd platinum 11

Post by Clonky_McNeckhole » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:53 pm

ok i think i know what the problem is and if so i feel like a jackass. if any of this reasoning is wrong please lemme know. i was using freemake video converter to convert the mkv's i have to avi. after some reading and an ulcer i've found that doing this only converts the container and not the actual files (which are in h264 which vegas doesn't like). so if exctract the h264 files convert them into an avi format this should fix my problem correct? i've read a fews ways to convert these files but none seem all that easy. is there a one shot way to do it? or is the avisynth-virtualdub way the best? sorry for the newb questions. i have done some research but i'm not familiar enough with the language or the programs yet to proceed with confidence. thanks for your time.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:03 am

Yep, you should go for avisynth / virtualdub - you get lossless files which Vegas should munch up happily :)

Clonky_McNeckhole
Org Profile

Post by Clonky_McNeckhole » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:13 am

well the video does look great but it didn't help a damn bit with my crashing problem. i'm starting to develope an ulcer. i have tried everything i can think of. poured through pages and pages of guides and tutorials to no avail. i'm about ready to cut my losses, have sony gimme my money back and try somethin else. if anyone has any ideas or can recommend a good affordable alternative i am all ears. thanks again for yalls time.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:38 am

Is there some log or thing that you do that could help us?

Clonky_McNeckhole
Org Profile

Post by Clonky_McNeckhole » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 pm

here's an example of one i have gotten. since i have converted them using the avisynth method not the program will just not respond after awhile and i just have to shut it down

Extra Information
File: C:\Users\Jr\Appdata\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studion HD Platinum\11.0\dx_video_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Jr\Appdata\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studion HD Platinum\11.0\svfx_video_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Jr\Appdata\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studion HD Platinum\11.0\dx_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Jr\Appdata\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studion HD Platinum\11.0\vst_grovel.log
File: C:\Users\Jr\Documents\Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 Projects\Untitled.vf
Problem description
Application Name- Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
Application Version- Version 11.0 (Build 247)
Problem- Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module - C:\Program Files (x86) \Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0\VegasMovieStudioPE1110.exe
Fault Address- 0x16FE30F0
Fault Offset- 0x16FE30F0

Fault Process Details
Process Path- C:\Program Files (x86) \Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0\VegasMovieStudioPE111.exe
Process Version- Version 11.0 (Build 247)
Process Description- Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
Process Image Date: 2011-07-26 (Tue Jul 26) 19:19:46

if i can get another to pop up i'll try to repost it

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 am

At this point I'd say it's probably because of some collision in your PC (virus check?) or because it seems that 11.0 is still in early builds - it might get better after some patch. I'd recommend downgrading to lower stable numbers, but it doesn't seem like Vegas offers that option.

Can you try maybe installing trial of Vegas Pro and seeing if/how that works?

Clonky_McNeckhole
Org Profile

Post by Clonky_McNeckhole » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 pm

I've tried vegas pro 10. same results though not sure if its the same error. i did a bit of reading and some folks seem to think the introduction of 3d may be causing the problems. no idea if this theory holds water or not. Also read that vegas 9 seems to be more stable. can anyone confirm that? thinkin about giving adobe a spin and seeing if iy't's any better. on the virus front i've ran.checks multiple times and always been clear. like i say even wiped and reinstalled to make sure nothin was conflicting. i think product is just unstable from my experience and what i've read. as aside note it's surprising how little there is on 11. am i the only one who bought this? preciate the help though. guess i'll keep lookin. maybe i'll stumble onto somethin

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:49 pm

From my info and experience, 8 and 10 (Pro) tend to be more stable than 9, though I haven't got much evidence for that :>

Little stuff is not on 11, but on Movie Studio Platinum. If you want to compare stuff it can do, don't compare by shiny names, but by price. AFAIK Pro can do the most of Vegas family (and thus is the most expensive).

Clonky_McNeckhole
Org Profile

Post by Clonky_McNeckhole » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Oh sorry i meant that there is surpringly little information about 11. the features are fine. maybe i'll give ten another go. i caught some kind of error on that but there's alot more info on pro 10 so maybe there is a fix for whatever it is. hell maybe i'll give eight a try. i really like the program just wish i could get it to work for more than 20 mins without crashin on me

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”