Ben-Tou

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Ben-Tou

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 pm

ANN wrote:The story revolves around a poor high school student named Satou You. Satou goes to the supermarket one day and discovers a bento (boxed meal) on sale at half price. Just as he reaches to grab it, he ends up on the floor unconscious. Satou has just entered the fierce, no-holds-barred supermarket survival battle for half-price bento.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: Ben-Tou

Post by Kosmit » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Why is nobody watching this? Ben-To may not be a very ambitious title, but it sure is amusing.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

When I saw the summary for this, it gave me the impression that this will be one of those really weird but funny comedy shows. Since somebody recommended this to me a few days ago I'll be checking out the first episode tomorrow and seeing how it goes from there. ;)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Pretty good so far. :up: It's absolutely crazy but it's also hilarious and kinda interesting. :mrgreen:

Also the VA for the wizard is one of my favourites. <3 :awesome:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Since you two liked it I decided to check it out while rendering this one beta and it turned out to be pretty great. It goes to my top 5 of fall's season
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:19 pm

been checking this out too, it cracks me up that half the scenes involving girls has the camera focusing on either their legs or breasts while they are talking (probably the male point of view in those situations lol) in fact the brunette never shows her face as the camera is always focused on her breasts heh

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:09 pm

ibabrak wrote:Since you two liked it I decided to check it out while rendering this one beta and it turned out to be pretty great. It goes to my top 5 of fall's season
Glad to hear it. :P The first ep was kinda slow and didn't interest me that much tbh. But episode 2 got much better. ;)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:48 am

AimoAio wrote:
ibabrak wrote:Since you two liked it I decided to check it out while rendering this one beta and it turned out to be pretty great. It goes to my top 5 of fall's season
Glad to hear it. :P The first ep was kinda slow and didn't interest me that much tbh. But episode 2 got much better. ;)
I actually liked it since ep1 because of it's unique camera shots...I don't mean this ones
Jasta85 wrote:been checking this out too, it cracks me up that half the scenes involving girls has the camera focusing on either their legs or breasts while they are talking (probably the male point of view in those situations lol) in fact the brunette never shows her face as the camera is always focused on her breasts heh
but it's somehow different from the rest. :)

Also wizard is pretty awesome and Sato's cousin is kind *woowooo* in the head but I guess she spices things up.
ImageImage

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 pm

The Ice Witch's emotionless reading of the gay fanfic about Satou and the Monk made me laugh :up:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I ended up watching this thanks to kos and holy shit... Gives a whole new meaning to earning your bread. Fighting scenes are pretty crazy, this is gonna be a big action source... In before tons of action amvs to it. Assuming they are saving the more intense action for later I'll keep watching this. The story is pretty dull TBH but the sillyness of it all and the action is just great.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”