Usagi Drop

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Sukunai
Org Profile

Re: Usagi Drop

Post by Sukunai » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 pm

I would prefer the ending was different too (in the manga).

I wonder why manga and anime need to do these things.

I've watched more than a few shows, that were great right till they had to insert something that was really not necessary. I mean, what demographic are they doing this to satisfy? I want to know, so I can go out and erradicate them.

The 11 eps we got were great because it is a great guy stepping up and doing the right thing and providing for the girl when no one wanted her. It was wonderful slice of life.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a story insert something that just seemed unnecessary, well that would be a nice sack of cash.

Not that in this case with this show, was it overly bad, it was just not overly realistic. And that was the original charm of this show, it seemed so ordinary and real.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Just finished watching the show, and like most, I wanted to pick up the manga just to continue the story. I mean, it's a great story! But then the wife (who had already read the spoilers on the manga when I started watching the show) told me, "you're not going to like it..."

Now that I finished the anime, I finally let her tell me about the manga... and she was right, I didn't like it.
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:48 am

What a sweet ending to the season. c': <3 Totally loved this show!

I heard about the ending of the manga.
Do not want on SO many levels. D:

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Hmm seems I need to recant.

Ok the anime was great. Great enough I felt ok read the manga and not leave any unresolved issues. Read all the way from the beginning, and was impressed I might add with how the manga and anime remain the same.

I will say I thought some of the journey looked like filler. And I must admit, I grew to dislike some of the people I meet in the reading of the manga. Sure don't like Kouki's girlfriend at all.

But considering I knew the ending, well I was thinking I knew the end that is. But, not knowing how the ending was arrived at makes a difference actually. Turns out the ending is actually not a bad ending, but, if you just skip to the last chapter and read it thinking that is a good idea, that is a bad idea actually.

This is not (in my opinion) just another case of match ups that make you go wtf?

In the end, the story is rescued for me, and I am glad I read aaaaaall the way through and didn't cheat myself based on comments I was reacting to.

I am glad I read it, and in retrospect, I think this manga could be made a full anime and work just fine. But I would want some of the seems like filler content maybe sped past a bit hehe.

I have promoted this anime/manga to my first place status. Liked it that much eh.
Maybe it's because though, I have experienced something of the impossible relationship in my life, so I can relate.

A romantic will not come away from this manga unhappy as far as I am concerned.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”