CascadaThon 2---OUT NOW!! CHECK ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---RELEASE DATE: TODAY!!

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:17 am

Actually, if it's ok, I'd like to have it up on my channel too when we go with the release. I've got a bunch of people that have been asking me about it on skype since I posted the promotional video, and I don't want to have to go through and link them to where it is. Plus, it's something I'm proud of being a part of, and want it on my AMV portfoilio. ;)

Plus, there's no need to worry about youtube exclusivity. That's just silly. I think we all plan on linking it back to your channel anyway, and there are plenty of credits in the main AMV for your work as coordinator. Actually, I had plans of linking to all the members channels and have credits in the description.

On a less release-related note, I've yet to hear back from riccard, pan, Jadecharm, AllyKat, MystyK or Inan about the compilation. I'm not going to go for final release until I get a full consensus approval. :)

EDIT:

Oh, and which version of the credits transition do we want to go with? I have to re-render because of the fix anyway, so it's just up to ya'll.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:37 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Actually, if it's ok, I'd like to have it up on my channel too when we go with the release. I've got a bunch of people that have been asking me about it on skype since I posted the promotional video, and I don't want to have to go through and link them to where it is. Plus, it's something I'm proud of being a part of, and want it on my AMV portfoilio. ;)

Plus, there's no need to worry about youtube exclusivity. That's just silly. I think we all plan on linking it back to your channel anyway, and there are plenty of credits in the main AMV for your work as coordinator. Actually, I had plans of linking to all the members channels and have credits in the description.

On a less release-related note, I've yet to hear back from riccard, pan, Jadecharm, AllyKat, MystyK or Inan about the compilation. I'm not going to go for final release until I get a full consensus approval. :)

EDIT:

Oh, and which version of the credits transition do we want to go with? I have to re-render because of the fix anyway, so it's just up to ya'll.
I honestly like my transition better. So, no qualms here about using mine. I believe someone else liked mine too. And the majority of us have already given approval that the MEP looks good to go. And from what I have seen, all the parts are on perfect timing. So, I think you are good to upload it.

Jadecharm said her parts were on time and we haven't heard from Riccard since he turned in his part. He hasn't even come back into the thread. So, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on him.

I say just go ahead and get this bad-boy uploaded.

And I agree that you guys should be allowed to upload it. So, I take back my previous statement.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Well, I want to at least wait on Pan then. ;)

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Definitely has my approval :D I agree with everyone else that you should go back to the other transition into the credits, the zoom in the current one is kinda abrupt and jarring. Aside from that, I think its ready for release!

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 pm

AllyKatAVR wrote:Definitely has my approval :D I agree with everyone else that you should go back to the other transition into the credits, the zoom in the current one is kinda abrupt and jarring. Aside from that, I think its ready for release!
agreed :up: and the quality was kinda bad? can it be chenged? (like raising the bitrate or giving more Mbs?)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:41 pm

I compressed more in ZarxGui to make uploading on my end easier for the compilation.

As such, the real version will be prettier. ;)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Well, I want it up. Pan's part is perfectly timed right. Nothing wrong with it. And this is coming from someone who's seen those tracks more than a million times.

Just get it uploaded Code. Obviously someone will have said something if a track look off timed.

Upload it pronto.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Let's be just a tad more patient TC. I know you're anxious to release [I am too!], but I still want pan and Inan's opinion on the final credits thing. We've got 4 people [aimo, allykat, hagaren, myself] that prefers the first credits ending, and 2 that preferred the alternate one you provided. So I want to wait and see what they think in that regard.

After that's been resolved, and I get pan's actual approval on the WHOLE thing, then I will be ready and willing to release the final render. ;)

I just sent them out a quick pm, so we should be able to release tomorrow, assuming I get the pm replies in a quick fashion! :)

Anyway, it was fun working with ya'll. I know I joined last minute, but I'm happy to get to see such quality work come together. :up:

TC, expect the MP4 in your inbox tomorrow.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 pm

You guys wonder why the fuck I get irritated.

I've been patient. Patient way past the point of 2 BROKEN RELEASE DATES! Which was posted 1 month well in advance mind you.

Which makes 3 broken release dates now because no one wants to follow the fucking rules and keep tabs on the thread. PM's shouldn't have to be sent out to remind people to give their thoughts. As soon as they log onto the site, this should be one of the first threads they check. It's in the rules.

I"m not normally impatient or this irritable. I seem to only get like this when I make a date for release and it get's broken. Over. And Over. And Over. And Over Again.

As I recall. I didn't get pissed like this until the end of the first CascadaThon either. For the exact same reason if I recall.

Anyway. No point bitching about it now. It's getting released tomorrow anyway. I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED TODAY. But I see the Coordinator can't have his way.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
In regards to the credits. Since 4 people prefer your version. 1 more vote, towards mine wouldn't change that there are more vote's towards yours. So just go ahead and use the one you made.

Kousaka
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---RELEASE DATE: ???

Post by Kousaka » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Sigh.
Another day to wait?
Well, no matter. I just hope that Pan and Inan reply soon.
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”