The Fame Monster - uploaded! - Check announcements thread!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

The Fame Monster - uploaded! - Check announcements thread!

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

This is my first time co-ordinating a MEP so I apologize in advance if I fail at it. ;)

The Mix:
MP3 Version | WAV Version

Sig + Poster! Finally done when the MEP's almost complete...

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109188][img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/107/sigqs.png[/img][/url]
Announcements: (For all those too lazy to read through the posts, I'll highlight the details here.)

===================================================

-->FINAL deadline: 13-19th February<--
For those who are listed as:
Red: You are in serious bother if you do not send me a beta soon. :awesome: OMG. No more reds!
Blue: Please try and hand in your second beta ASAP. :awesome: OMG. Also no more blues!
Purple: Chances are, you're pretty much done and ready to send your final after a few changes.
Green: Final handed. :up: Now you can sit back and just relax.

====================================================

Please send out your beta to all members of the MEP. Their username is listed under the track listing and make sure you copy their name correctly or they won't receive it. ;)

Rules:
1. I'm highly prejudiced against old sources so anything before 2006 is OUT. Unless you have a really awesome idea and can script your footage into looking like epic shiny stuff then I may consider allowing it. :ying: If that's the case, please PM me and let me know then we can discuss it in better detail. (Note: If your source has bluray remasters and I think it looks good enough then I will also allow that but I need to see a sample first)

ALSO please know that I will ban sources if they look like garbage regardless of the year of production. So even if your show is from 2011 but there's subtitles and logos then it's out.

2. NO Hentai. Don't like it, don't want it. Yaoi/yuri is accepted to a certain level. (ie. no explicit content that will cause discomfort for other members of the MEP. Bear in mind they have to watch your track too)

--No 5cm, EF or BRS. Nothing wrong with them particularly, just I'm tired of seeing them in AMVs.

3. NO duplicate anime sources or multi-sources for a track. Using like 5 sources for 30 seconds is very pointless. :| Unless you were taking segments to use as background scenes for your track then I'll allow that. Also NO CGI. As in Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, it'll be too hard to blend those in with the other anime tracks. Same with Manga, unless you can really make it work but this would require approval from all members in the MEP.

4. There is no need to audition for a track. Once tracks are claimed, they are claimed. However if there's a great interest expressed for a certain track (3 or more people) then I will request a short beta of the track from everyone and the track will go to whoever has the best idea/editing.

5. One track per editor. For the moment anyway.

6. I like updates regularly. Don't worry about this much as I'll be sending out PMs every so often. However if you don't reply for a long time even after reading the PM(believe me I will know) then goodbye, you are kicked. I'm aiming to finish this MEP within 5 months, 7 months at the longest.
---A LONG TIME is defined by 1-2 weeks - I think a short reply letting me know you're alive and still editing won't take longer than 5 minutes.

7. Please help beta test other member's tracks. It's highly unfair to those who check and beta test YOUR part regularly yet you never say anything for them.

8. Don't be afraid to join. If you think you're not good enough for this MEP then yeah you maybe aren't good enough[confidence boost yay!] but that's what we're all here for. There's no such thing as a bad track, just a lazy track. I'll try to be helpful with any beta feedback and if you have questions feel free to ask me, I'm not going to bite. :P

Video Technical Requirements:
Aspect Ratio: 848x480
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0000
Frame rate: 23.976
Beta Version: Zarx MP4s
Final Version: Lossless Lagarith
(if you don't know what this means, then PLEASE ASK me. I'd be willing to help.)

Please leave a 2 second clip overhang at the beginning and end of your track for transition purposes. You may choose a scene that can be easily masked or used as a mask wipe or alternatively just not do anything and I'll handle it. If you can, try to include this in the beta so suggestions can be made.

I'll need you to be able to follow these technical rules to join the MEP. Please be considerate of us poor people with slow internets by compressing your betas as small as possible via Zarx so my net will not die on me. ;) Also if all sources are available in HD, I wouldn't mind releasing an HD version of the MEP. You can always just submit a nicely encoded MP4 for this.

NOTE: If you're unsure as to what these specifications mean please don't worry and just PM me. I'll gladly answer any questions and help you out.

Although if I get a lot of help requests regarding the technical rules then I'll most likely add a link to screenshots here.

Theme:
I don't really have any requirements for this however I would prefer that you take a darker approach since this Lady Gaga album deals with the darker side of being famous and I would like to keep the same idea.

NOTE:
Ok since somebody asked, this does not mean you have to use a dark anime. If you can make a happy anime LOOK dark then that is fine. All I ask is that you don't add flowers,sparkles,lots of colour cookie cutters and the like in the track. :uhoh:

And I like effects. But that doesn't mean I don't like raw editing. What I love most in MEPs is variety. Don't be put off into thinking you MUST or MUST NOT use effects. Feel free to edit in any style you want/find most fitting or comfortable.

Deadlines:

These are subject to change, for now they are soft deadlines.

First beta deadline: 6th November.
Second beta deadline: 22nd November
Third beta deadline: 19th December

Then I'll let you off for Christmas. ;)

Final deadline: 19th January

Full beta deadline: 29th January
Final deadline: 13-19th February. Please send me your final by the end of this week.

This gives you roughly about 2-3 weeks to show me some progress on your part. I don't ask for much, just proof you've been working is enough.

Track List:

Download Tracks
All tracks have been labelled with their respective time-codes and song name. ;)

Track 1 - Bad Romance [Intro + Verse - 40s]
0:00 - 0:40
Editor: Rider4Z
Anime: Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)

Track 2 - Bad Romance [Chorus - 32s]
0:40 - 1:12
Editor: CodeZTM
Anime: Mawaru Penguindrum

Track 3 - Monster [33s]
1:12 - 1:45
Editor: [madaraxD]
Anime: Macross Frontier

Track 4 - Alejandro [Verse - 28s]
1:45 -2:13
Editor: iCardioidAMV
Anime: Shuffle!

Track 5 - Alejandro [Chorus - 40s]
2:13 - 2:53
Editor: AngelDragoon
Anime: Bakemonogatari

Track 6 - Dance In The Dark [Intro + Verse - 25s]
2:53 - 3:18
Editor: MystykAMV
Anime: Dance in the Vampire Bund

Track 7 - Dance In The Dark [Verse + Chorus - 37s]
3:18 - 3:55
Editor: AyumiNeko
Anime: Kanon

Track 8 - Dance In The Dark [Chorus + Bridge - 32s]
3:55 - 4:27
Editor: lloyd9988
Anime: Princess Tutu

Track 9 - Teeth [50s]
4:27 - 5:17
Editor: AimoAio
Anime: Shiki

Track 10 - Telephone [Chorus - 32s]
5:17 - 5:49
Editor: Niwa
Anime: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Track 11 - Telephone [Bridge - 39s]
5:49 - 6:28
Editor: Pockying
Anime: Ouran High School Host Club

Track 12 - So Happy I Could Die [49s]
6:28 - 7:17
Editor: Elerye
Anime: Hanasaku Iroha

Track 13 - Speechless [Chorus + Bridge - 45s]
7:17 - 8:02
Editor: Taite
Anime: Paradise Kiss

Track 14 - Speechless [Last Chorus + Outro - 51s]
8:02 -8:53 (end)
Editor: Kamih
Anime: Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru

Credits: AimoAio

Email: aimoaio@gmail.com
Youtube: AimoAioAMV

Sorry I don't use AIM or MSN anymore so not much pointing including those. Fastest way would be via Skype[if I'm online else go for the PM option] or Youtube PM/Org PM. Then email.

While it's not a requirement, having Skype would make it very beneficial for me and for you to give/receive feedback as I can just make a group conversation so anything you miss today, you will get when you next log in. Providing your Skype isn't dodgy like mines at times. XD
Last edited by AimoAio on Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 81 times in total.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Re: Lady Gaga MEP [Interest Gauge]

Post by MystykAMV » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm interested :3 :awesome: and the mix is pretty good :up: maybe some parts are a bit too sudden but it's good overall :P :up:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Hell yes. :up:

Might do some Yuri on this one. ;3

[Although the lack of born this way makes me saaaad].

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm definitely interested... the mix is nice. :)
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah I don't really know much about audio transitions so I just went with simple cuts. :uhoh: I have a friend who's willing to help me mix the songs but he isn't very confident so if it doesn't go that well I'm most likely going to stick with my crappy version. :mrgreen: Is there any particular part that stands out that I should look at?
CodeZTM wrote:Hell yes. :up:

Might do some Yuri on this one. ;3

[Although the lack of born this way makes me saaaad].
I'm not big on Yuri myself but Gaga's songs would work well with them. :P I was also thinking of mixing The Fame and Born This Way for another MEP when this one gets finished as long as there's enough interest. Just thought it would be easier doing this album first since it's the shortest and I have ideas for all tracks[minus Teeth] so I can always take the track nobody wants. |:>

Now I just have to snag a few more people and I can get it started. :awesome:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Maybe I can sneak my Bad Romance AMV in here that I don't think I'll ever release.... :awesome:

In all seriousness, I'll have to check out the mix after school ^^

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Maybe I can sneak my Bad Romance AMV in here that I don't think I'll ever release.... :awesome:

In all seriousness, I'll have to check out the mix after school ^^
Arceus, Kaz, just release the blasted thing XD

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm certainly interested! :up: Been meaning to edit to Lady Gaga for a while anyway, lol.

Pockying
Org Profile

Post by Pockying » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:56 pm

I would love to participate *o*
As for the mix, the transitions are kind of rough, but it could be fine depending on the video transitions C:

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:59 am

omfg yessssssssssssss

i want in ;D

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”