Ohayocon 2012 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ahinton
Org Profile

Ohayocon 2012 AMV Contest

Post by ahinton » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Hello,

I am now accepting videos for Ohayocon 2012's AMV Contest. This year, there will be a new feature, a category featuring MMVs (Manga Music Videos) along with the regular categories. So if you are a MMV editor, I encourage you to enter your video.
The registration form closes down on Dec 19th and I need the videos by the beginning of the year, so you have plenty of time.
Please click here for the rules
Please click here to go to the registration form

Any questions just ask.
Matsuricon V.E.S. AMV Contest Coordinator 2023
https://matsuricon.org/
amv@matsuricon.org

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Ohayocon 2012 AMV Contest

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:31 pm

IT'S THE CHEAT!! (sorry, first thing i noticed)

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 am

Rider4Z, no problem.
amv@matsuricon.org

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:03 am

Hello again. I wanted to keep this topic going because I need videos from all of the major categories, including our feature category, Manga Music Videos, or MMV's. I will be accepting videos up untill January the 1st which is just over a month from now as of this post. And I would love to have your videos entered into the contest.

For those of you not familar with Ohayocon, just to let you know, we are expecting over 10,000 people in attendance this comming year. And this comming year, the contest showing will run for 2 hrs. Therefore, I will use this as a motivating factor for you. There is a good chance that not only will your video be shown in the contest (I do ask that you read the rules and follow them first before I can accept the video), but that it will be shown in front of one of the more larger audiences in the country to see an AMV contest. And you do not have to attend Ohayocon to submit a video.

And for those of you concerned about how last year's contest faired, I believe this comming year's contest will be improved from last years. Some of the things that have been added including a judgeing panel, awards for the best in categories, and a list of rules that, hopefully, are more clearer then last years.

So that said, if you have any questions, please e-mail me at: amv2011.ohayocon@gmail.com.
Thanks for your time.

Adam Hinton
Ohayocon AMV Liaison
amv@matsuricon.org

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Would a combo of manga and anime still fit in the MMV category or does it have to exclusively be manga? I have a project that I've had on the backburner thats a combo, and could shift gears and might be able to finish it before the deadline.

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Would a combo of manga and anime still fit in the MMV category or does it have to exclusively be manga? I have a project that I've had on the backburner thats a combo, and could shift gears and might be able to finish it before the deadline.
It depends on how much anime you plan on using. I have the rules set up for no less then 85% manga footage. While, I admit, I don't have a quantative formula as to how to determine how much is 85%, I think it still shows that the vast majority of the video needs to be of manga footage for the video to be categorized as MMV. In otherwords, if it is a 50/50 split, it will not qualify in the category. That said, I don't want to stifle creativity, so if that is how it ends up, I can still accept the video, just not in the MMV category. Thanks for your question, though.
amv@matsuricon.org

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 am

It has been several years since I've entered Ohayocon, I'll see if I can send something in.
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:24 am

Hello again.

I want to take this time to thank those who have registered their videos for the 2012 Ohayocon AMV contest. In update, the registration deadline passed as of midnight last night. However, I will be accepting videos in the following categories up till Jan 1st, which is the deadline for all videos: Comedy and MMV. All other registries will not be accepted. If you have already registered but haven't sent in your video, you are fine. You are still set to the Jan 1st deadline.

If you have any questions or comments please direct them to this e-mail address: amv2011.ohayocon@gmail.com
I will answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Thank you.
amv@matsuricon.org

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:10 am

Oh snap, I forgot about this, good thing I have a comedy...lol. Submitting...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

SamuraiJake
Org Profile

Post by SamuraiJake » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm

How soon can we know the finalists list? Thanks.

Return to “AMV Contests”