Mawaru Penguindrum

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: Mawaru Penguindrum

Post by Kosmit » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:16 am

Ringo has some serious issues. Which makes it even more interesting when she makes Shouma realise he is, in fact, not much better...
Mawaru Penguindrum seriously needs more love around these parts.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Penguindrum episode 8 was crazy; this show is certainly not holding back on overstepping normal boundaries (with, ahem, 'Fabulous Max' pff).
But its still awesome.
Really, really awesome.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:Penguindrum episode 8 was crazy; this show is certainly not holding back on overstepping normal boundaries (with, ahem, 'Fabulous Max' pff).
But its still awesome.
Really, really awesome.
after watching episode 9, I really hope that the other 2 members of Triple H get some more screen time.
Last edited by Kireblue on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Just finished episode 9.
That was a really trippy episode, but very cool.
Spoiler :
There is one thing that bugged me like the entire time though...
so, from the start we're led to believe that Himari met pinkie in the "library" while she was in her Comatose state.
Why then, was Penguin #3 marked as '#3'? Sho and Kanba didn't even know about the penguins until the hat brought her back to life, and yet there the penguin was, waddling around with a #3 painted on its back, with her following it supposedly way before she died.

The other thing is, maybe that was an added effect since it was a dream. Maybe similar events happened, but not exactly as the episode went...

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:11 am

Episode 12 of Penguin Drum really made me feel a numb sadness. I really didn't expect things to end like that.
Spoiler :
I really hope that Himari can get one more chance at life. She was such a nice character. But the disappearance of her penguin makes me fear the worst
I think that the next 12 episodes are gonna be AMAZING.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:45 am

Just started watching this. I love the high level of animation quality, and the story seems really unique. I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm already loving it a ridiculous amount. :)

EDIT: But do we REALLY need the weird transformation thing every time for survival strategy?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Just started watching this. I love the high level of animation quality, and the story seems really unique. I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm already loving it a ridiculous amount. :)

EDIT: But do we REALLY need the weird transformation thing every time for survival strategy?
This blog really makes watching the series even more fun. He does a great job at pointing out all the hints in the story that are way too easy to overlook. And since he doesn't actually know any more about the plot than the viewer, there aren't even any spoilers.
http://8thsinfansubs.wordpress.com/

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Well, I'm caught up with it for the moment. I'm actually surprised at how dark the young lady with the diary is. O_O Yet at the same time, I feel REALLY bad for her. :(

Himari's little backstory was equally sad. :(

Daminit. This is going to end up being Madoka all over again with it's bi-polar story line. >_<

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:01 am

OMG The ending of episode 14 completely blew my mind. Karma is a bitch!
Spoiler :
Somebody! Anybody! Please Save Ringo! SHE'S ABOUT TO GET RAPED! (kinda servers her right since she tried to do the same thing to Tabuki, but I was just starting to like her now that she's not a crazy stalker chic anymore :( ) Once again, Karma is a bitch named Yuri. I laughed when the moment it was revealed what was going on, Ringo said Yuri. I wonder if the Japanese producers intentionally named her Yuri just for that scene.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Episode 15
Spoiler :
Thank God. I'm not sure if I could ever forgive this show if they had let Ringo get raped. And now, we finally have some more info about the diary. It seems that it really does have some kind of power (or at least Momoka did).
I can't wait for this show to get licensed in America. It has such a good story.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”