New To AMV Effects Help

Merik10
Org Profile

New To AMV Effects Help

Post by Merik10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:08 am

HI Everyone I New To Making AMV's But I Kinda Know How To Use Sony Vegas I Would LLike Some Help On Video Effects As Im Unable To Master Them How Do I Do All/Some Of Theses Effects Shown In This Video Thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiOWJ76yuU

Foristality
Org Profile

Re: New To AMV Effects Help

Post by Foristality » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Well masking is something that was used alot.

He had to layers for the ones with fancy background and stuff. (the video on the top layer and resized the animation on the bottom)

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah that's mostly masking. Using the mask/pen tool they would cut out the character and then add it on top of a different background.

The flashes on certain beats are simply a white solid inserted in the timeline for only a quick frame or 2 in length.

As for the backgrounds it looks like they may have been pulled from spots in the animation and used to create and effect like spectacle. If it were done in Vegas or After Effects it would look more computer generated than that. Some of them may be (like the animated circles moving forward) but most of them appear to be anime source footage.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 pm

After farther review it looks like there is some Adobe After Effects techniques happening here. For example at 0:56 that is definately particles. Trapcode Particular or Particle Playground would allow you to do that twinking star effect.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

faithhope21
Org Profile

Post by faithhope21 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Ok so the masking aspect of the video has already been covered and how the person resized the video and showed a flashy background. Now this person did not use AE for any part of this video, the backgrounds were most likely downloaded off youtube or a place called pond5.com you can obtain flashy backgrounds there for free although there will be a watermark but you can blur it out any ways as for the multiple video clips on one screen as shown on 0:17 they used either cookie cutter or more likley they resized the video in pan/crop and layered the video clips on top of one another and positioned each on to where they wanted them to go. As for the flashes that can easily be done with the effect Brightness and contrast. All you have to do is drag and crop the effect to you video clip and use the keyframes to make the brightness go from 0 to however bright you want it to be. Also it would look good if you faded out the brightness in the next clip from however bright you had it to 0. remember keyframes are important. You can also you the flash transition but it will not look as good but you can do whatever. so yeah sorry if i confused you further >.< If you have any more questions feel free to ask you learn from asking questions :)

hackedhacker
Org Profile

Post by hackedhacker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 am

Trapcode are hard to use :( but on the other hand After Effects are hard to use to begin with ::)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”