CascadaThon 2---OUT NOW!! CHECK ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---2 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:07 pm

And just to re-iterate, the out of sync bits have already been fixed. I went back, completely deleted what I had done and re-matched the original audio to the track audio.

I don't have time to mask transitions tonight, but I can render out the second half [and the fixed amount of time between the credits/ending] so that you guys can have a little more ease of mind in that regard. ;)

But the full and finished beta will be sent out tomorrow nigh. This is the version that you're supposed to treat as if I'd just released it on the Org.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Okay after reading what I missed, I personally don't see what is wrong with a white flash as a transition. That's like...my favourite transition. :ying: And not to be a bamf or anything but I started and ended my track with a white flash so don't blame that on Code because it's my fault. |:>

I do like the masking transitions you have so far but it gets a tad boring when every transition is a mask. Variety is one of the best points in MEPs since it keeps things interesting. Although if you do insist on the masks, I would consider fading in the background earlier for the Kaleido Star because the Nanoha track is really shiny and KS is a little older(quality wise) so it's pretty noticeable, also did you slide that part in? I think it will be fine just to keep it in the centre so it looks more natural. Also I am not very fond of the blue shadow/bordering around the hands for the Chobits track. Oh and you could use some light flashing at the end of that track and into mines so it would fit with the beats.

About the sync...yeah it's a little off but I'm sure you can fix that no problem. My track looks a little zoomed in though, that or the outer edges got cut off. :uhoh:

Sorry for replying so late too, it took about an hour for the download since my net's been real slow this week, don't know why. XD And I have work on Saturday so add that to my snail download speed, I probably won't be able to comment about the finished compilation till pretty late. :uhoh:

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 pm

I think my track might be ahead of the music by a frame or two. Other than that, I'm really excited seeing this compilation *_* Lovely job masking, Code!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Inan:
Spoiler :
I love it. :up: Especially the Tsubasa part. Though the fight scene at 0:42 feels quite long after a while. Maybe tack in a few more scenes of Sakura looking shocked just so it doesn't drag. Also I think you should remove the blur at 0:10ish where you had the uh...is it an opening scene of Sakura? But you can keep the rest since they're quite nice.

Kousaka
Org Profile

Post by Kousaka » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 pm

The compilation was nice, besides a few parts being behind or ahead. Also, I agree that white flash is a good transition. I don't think it matters either way but I really like the transition itself.

Inan, I love it!
The fight scene is a little long but that's definitely fixable. At that scene, of course they show Sakura a lot so maybe a little more of her? Other than that, I think its amazing! :D
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 pm

TC, I really, really dont even. :|

Code:
Spoiler :
Looking good to me, digging the transitions. I kinda agree about the blue glow that transitions to ICard's track. And Im glad you transitioned the Pokemon and Sailor Moon tracks like I envisioned :3
Inan:
I like it for the most part. Some of the fight scenes don't really seem edited, maybe you could add different scenes? The other OVA or something.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---1 DAY UNTIL RELEASE!!

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Small note. Whilst working on transitions, I've decided to fade into riccard and AllyKat's tracks. With allykats, this will be the natural white flash that starts her track. This is because they naturally look better with a mask, and any masking wouldn't do their beginnings justice.

The others will be masked.

/workworkworkworkwork

EDIT: Sakura blossoms are a bitch to mask. :|

EDIT2: It's all done compilting with the exception of Inan's track and the transitions to/from it.

EDIT3: Compiling what I have so far. I'll stick Inan's in and render out a shorter beta of that portion later. Expect something in your pm box late this night.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Small note. Whilst working on transitions, I've decided to fade into riccard and AllyKat's tracks. With allykats, this will be the natural white flash that starts her track. This is because they naturally look better with a mask, and any masking wouldn't do their beginnings justice.

The others will be masked.

/workworkworkworkwork

EDIT: Sakura blossoms are a bitch to mask. :|

EDIT2: It's all done compilting with the exception of Inan's track and the transitions to/from it.

EDIT3: Compiling what I have so far. I'll stick Inan's in and render out a shorter beta of that portion later. Expect something in your pm box late this night.
Looking forward to it. Also, what is the state of Inan turning in a final? Release date is tomorrow. Getting kinda worried.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Not sure at the moment.

Let's not get tunnel vision on the Oct 1st release deadline. October 2nd may be required, or even a little past that. Let's not lose the quality of work.

Plus, I'm personally on the fence about a few of these masks, so I'm sure that we might get requests for changes. I personally would like to get a different scene for pan's opening of the Ah My Goddess track. Perhaps the same for Jade's Zero thing. Dunno.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:19 am

CodeZTM wrote:Not sure at the moment.

Let's not get tunnel vision on the Oct 1st release deadline. October 2nd may be required, or even a little past that. Let's not lose the quality of work.

Plus, I'm personally on the fence about a few of these masks, so I'm sure that we might get requests for changes. I personally would like to get a different scene for pan's opening of the Ah My Goddess track. Perhaps the same for Jade's Zero thing. Dunno.
Well, I have 3 complaints about this new beta. The 3rd being merely an afterthought.

1st: Not so much a complaint as it is a suggestion. When you transition to the elemental gelade part, instead of having the girl just disappear, maybe make her start to fade out before the next scene comes in? It looks nice, it really does. Actually. Now that I have gone back and watched the transition more..........it feels right the way you did it. Take this with a grain of salt.

2nd: As for Transitioning into Pan's Ah My Goddess Track. I wouldn't be opposed to a white flash there or just a nice looking fade. I think it would be appropriate there.

3rd: When the credits start, I was kinda shocked you didn't use the transition I sent you for it. I personally think the one I sent you looks better. But this one could work too. So, take this one with a grain of salt as well. I'm not opposed to either.

4th: Also, when it comes to the credits music and sound effects there, don't be afraid to increase the decibal range. Turning that audio up some won't hurt it. As long as you don't turn it up too loud then what happens is the audio starts sounding.....scribbled? I don't know the word for it. More staticky I guess? Don't be afraid to mess with the decibal range a bit. Becaus e the audio was just WAY too low.

Sorry, that was 4. If you need help with the audio bit on the credits code, I can fix the audio for you no problem and send you a wav. Lemme know.

Hope this helped.

With the audio in the credits
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”