Uploading large files to the org. A common misconception.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Uploading large files to the org. A common misconception

Post by mirkosp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:52 pm

But did you try encoding it in Hi10P or did you try only 8bit encoding? 'Cause I remember suggesting that too, but I don't know what you ended up doing. >_>

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

He shouldn't have to encode to a format that no one will be able to watch >.>

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Zarxrax wrote:He shouldn't have to encode to a format that no one will be able to watch >.>
Anyone who isn't using a half a year old CCCP or MadVR or LAVF or CoreAVC or ffdshow-tryouts or mplayer or mplayer2 or K-Lite (yes, even that) or MPlayerX or VLC nightly you mean (and I very likely forgot something else)?
There's a shitton fuckload of decoders/codec packs/players that already support it, both inside and outside of directshow, and not only on windows, but on osx and linux too. Don't be the xvidfag of the decade, zarx. :nono:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Offer a larger cap to people with donation status. Incentive to donate and gives ppl the option of not having to deal with finding hosting for their HDamv's that go a little above the cap without having to sacrifice some quality. Its a good roundabout way to deal with it benefiting both parties. People that donate are paying for the bandwidth anyway, if you ask me its fair for them to use a bit more of it.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:53 pm

EvaFan wrote:Offer a larger cap to people with donation status. Incentive to donate and gives ppl the option of not having to deal with finding hosting for their HDamv's that go a little above the cap without having to sacrifice some quality. Its a good roundabout way to deal with it benefiting both parties. People that donate are paying for the bandwidth anyway, if you ask me its fair for them to use a bit more of it.
:up:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
EvaFan wrote:Offer a larger cap to people with donation status. Incentive to donate and gives ppl the option of not having to deal with finding hosting for their HDamv's that go a little above the cap without having to sacrifice some quality. Its a good roundabout way to deal with it benefiting both parties. People that donate are paying for the bandwidth anyway, if you ask me its fair for them to use a bit more of it.

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Pwolf wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 am

An example of why working with people to make things work rather than complaining about it prevails: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 4&t=106926

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:22 am

Indeed. Thanks Cenit for raising the issue in a civil manner, and thanks everyone else for pitching in good ideas. You helped make this happen :)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:21 am

I'm deeply impressed. You found the best possible solution. In addition now i actually see a reason in donating again (which i will do)!

Thanks guys. I highly support this change in your policy and i'm sorry for bringing up the topic in a harsh way.
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”