Steins;Gate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:34 pm

You know, also....
Spoiler :
Yep, that's the thing about Titor's version of time travel, off of which this was based. I have to say too, I almost shit a brick at the mention of the name John Titor. I followed that initial posting with much interest back in like 2001/2002 when it was abuzz on all the paranormal and conspiracy forums. I love stuff like that, and all the connections made in this show to the original John Titor story are pretty damn incredible.

According to Titor, once you crossed a timeline, you could NEVER return to the exact same one. The act of time traveling itself would create an almost infinite number of universes, though many of them would be very very similar. The idea was that you could time travel to a timeline with a very small divergence from your original one, and create major changes there, which would echo through that timeline and all the ones either created from it or "next to it."

Back to Titor though, I still have all the pictures that were posted by him in the threads he created...here are some of them. Notice the "IBN 5100." The other shots are supposedly of the time travel device itself, and pages from it's operating manual. Titor claimed that the machine ran off two micro black holes, (which were supposed to be discovered by CERN in the mid to late 2000's), and that you took a vehicle or something large to sit in, and you placed the machine in the vehicle, and using the device, you formed a "time bubble" around the vehicle, the air, and the ground. That's the reason there are air tanks in the back of the vehicle. Titor also said that upon arriving in your new timeline, you would have brought with you several hundred pounds of dirt, which was taken along because of the bottom of the time bubble.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 am

Tuturu |:> Awesome show. Can't wait for the movie.
Under Construction

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”