Steins;Gate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 am

I misspelled "Asimov" :oops:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:09 pm

ibabrak wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:I also kinda twitched in annoyance every time I heard "TUTURUUUUUU"
This
GTFO! I loved it when she said that.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 pm

kireblue wrote:
ibabrak wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:I also kinda twitched in annoyance every time I heard "TUTURUUUUUU"
This
GTFO! I loved it when she said that.
me too XD

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm

For the first 13 episodes [which I watched weekly], I didn't think much of this series. Sure, it had a very cool and interesting idea but everything was just going so slow I was ready to fall asleep. So I put it on hold till it finished airing. Then today I saw episodes 14-24 and HOLYFUCKINGSHIT WHY THE FUCK DID I EVER PUT THIS ON HOLD? I SHOULD HAVE WATCHED IT EVERY WEEK.

Seriously that was one of the most epic storylines I have ever seen. One of/if not, the best I've seen this year for sure. :awesome: It's been a while since I saw 10 episodes of an anime in one day since I haven't really found anything that captivating. It feels like DRRR! all over again for me. Starts off slow and also a bit confusing but then got so much more brilliant! :up:

I also cried twice [as in having to actually get tissues and wipe tears] when:
Spoiler :
1. Suzuha left in the time machine to 1975 knowing fully she won't be able to go back.
2. Kurisu told Okabe to go save Mayuri even though she knew she was going to die if he did.
:cry:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 am

Ahahah, that was my reaction too...I started off watching this with Fall_Child42, and we watched one ep. Then we never got around to continuing it, so I watched 2-23 in two evenings, the second of which was the day ep 24 came out. I was also afraid that...
Spoiler :
-They'd never kiss...Hate it when there's chemistry between characters and the show just leaves physical contact out of it.
-Kurisu wouldn't recognize him when they passed on the street, but then amazing FUCK YEAH moment when she does!
I can't wait for the movie. SCIENCE.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

I liked it since the beginning but I wasn't a fan of the eps where
Spoiler :
they killed Mayuri over and over again... I do get why they put it in so many times but I just didn't like it... well it did dramatize the last eps tho. :)
ZephyrStar wrote:I was also afraid that...
Spoiler :
-They'd never kiss...Hate it when there's chemistry between characters and the show just leaves physical contact out of it.
-Kurisu wouldn't recognize him when they passed on the street, but then amazing FUCK YEAH moment when she does!
Exactly my worries
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am

ZephyrStar wrote: I was also afraid that...
Spoiler :
I can't wait for the movie. SCIENCE.
x2.
Spoiler :
I actually spoiled myself when I was looking up some info for it on wikipedia and happened to glance at the story plot and found out they find each other on the street. ARGH.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :
Kurisu told Okabe to go save Mayuri even though she knew she was going to die if he did.
Spoiler :
Didn't she say to Okabe something like he would always find her beyond the 0,1% limit (or whatever the percent was)? Indicating that she wouldn't die but would merely stay in a different world line. I don't quite remember. The world line / time concept was confusing and illogical anyway :|
Looking forward to the movie!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Emong wrote:
AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :
Kurisu told Okabe to go save Mayuri even though she knew she was going to die if he did.
Spoiler :
Didn't she say to Okabe something like he would always find her beyond the 0,1% limit (or whatever the percent was)? Indicating that she wouldn't die but would merely stay in a different world line. I don't quite remember. The world line / time concept was confusing and illogical anyway :|
She probably did. But
Spoiler :
Wouldn't that mean that the world line she's alive in would be the world line Mayuri dies in? And also Okabe wouldn't be in that world so they probably won't ever meet again ie. bad ending regardless.

I think the confusing part about the world lines was really with each decision a person makes it changes the future slightly so you'd get like 4875949034 different world lines and also, each different decision might affect another person's decision so that's why multiple things get changed instead of one. Although what really killed me was the fact that he went back in time undoing all those d-mails with Kurisu's help since she was the only one who would really believe he time-leaped then finding out at the last moment, that she'll die at the end of it all if he saved Mayuri. Harsh.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:38 pm

If you want moar story you can read Steins Gate: Bokan no Rebellion, something till movie anyways.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”