"This file could not be found in a specified location..."

Animegal6
Org Profile

"This file could not be found in a specified location..."

Post by Animegal6 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:24 pm

OHHH >.< im getting SO mad at this!!!
so im making an mmv in Sony Vegas pro 8.
im using the manga Alice in the Country of Hearts and after i downloaded it i drag it onto sony vegas from WinZip. the very clips that im using now seem to be working fine until i import another page or it happends suddenly. A message pops up saying this:
"This file could not be found in a specified location:
C:\Users\owner\AppData\Lo...\Heart no Kuni no Alice v01 c01 - 011.jpg
What do you want to do?
(a.) Search for missing file
(b.) Recapture media (grayed out, not an option)
(c.) Recapture all offline media (grayed out, not an option)
(d.) Ignore missing file and leave it offline
(e.) Ignore all missing files and leave them offline"
So I first selected Search for missing file and then it searched and it said that O file(s) were found. I got so frustrated i restarted my project and reincountered the same error. If im noy mistaken, i also recall seeing that "Media is offline" on the clips and are unviewable. just like this time.
PLEASEE help me TT-TT

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: "This file could not be found in a specified location...

Post by Pwolf » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:29 am

Extract the files from the zip to a folder first then import them. By dragging straight them from the archive, WinZip is copying the file to a temp directory for viewing. After the OS or WinZip determines that the file isn't being accessed or used anymore, the file is most likely deleted so Vegas doesn't know where it's at.

nahagaru
Org Profile

Post by nahagaru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:13 am

Pwolf wrote:Extract the files from the zip to a folder first then import them. By dragging straight them from the archive, WinZip is copying the file to a temp directory for viewing. After the OS or WinZip determines that the file isn't being accessed or used anymore, the file is most likely deleted so Vegas doesn't know where it's at.
In the beginning, I used to make that mistake so often - open files directly from my zip archive and then get really annoyed. Thankfully, I got into the habit of unzipping them first. Now I even have an annoying reminder to unzip, before I drag them out - really useful :)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Tangential to the discussion, but worth noting: The algorithm used to compress the files in a zip archive doesn't work well for already encoded video streams. Even on the highest settings you get maybe a 5% space savings and several hours of time to extract the files from it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Video Editing Software”