Dantalian no Shoka

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Dantalian no Shoka

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 am

EkaCoralian wrote:I sorta wish they elaborated on the children in episode 3, but otherwise I really enjoyed that episode. : D
kireblue wrote:reminds me of how Gosick started.
Yeah, though I'm hoping I'll like this one more than GOSICK. I think I already like Dalian more than Victorique (at least whenever she wants candy its somewhat comically amusing).
I have a bad feeling about the children... And yeah, I do like Dalian better than Victorique.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:I sorta wish they elaborated on the children in episode 3, but otherwise I really enjoyed that episode. : D
kireblue wrote:reminds me of how Gosick started.
Yeah, though I'm hoping I'll like this one more than GOSICK. I think I already like Dalian more than Victorique (at least whenever she wants candy its somewhat comically amusing).
I have a bad feeling about the children... And yeah, I do like Dalian better than Victorique.
I personally like Victorique more (probably because of her voice actor)

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 am

Catching up now.
Episode 5 was Stephen King'as Misery in anime form. In almost every aspect.
Which was cool, but I kept chuckling to myself from all the Misery references I made in my head as I watched. xD

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:15 pm

episode 4 was ******* crazy, haven't seen a psychotic ***** like that in anime in some time.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 pm

also the structure of the anime really makes me think of Kino's Journey

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:09 pm

OropherZero wrote:also the structure of the anime really makes me think of Kino's Journey
I didn't really get that feeling, but I kinda see what you mean (just a little).

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:29 pm

new characters in ep6, another girl who acts as a portal thingy into the library other world thingo and her key pacters who uses books as fuel to burn books :/ I like the chick, she reminds me of Envy in FMA lol also there seems to be another pact pair who have evil intentions. I have no idea where gainax is going with this show but I'm really enjoying it.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:40 am

Still watching for now. This show is really pretty.
Spoiler :
I'm still on the fence about the story...I don't know what it is, almost like, there's this potential that it has, yet every episode it sorta falls short? There still doesn't seem to be an overreaching theme that motivates these two characters, only "acquire phantom books." Each of their investigations is a repetition of the same thing. Each ep I'm like "of course it's a phantom book." I keep watching expecting some monumental revelation in some way that will force change in the characters somehow.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 am

yeah I have to agree - it is pretty interesting show but it lacks some kind of twist. I wounder if for example the new character (ep6) is gonna go against Disward or something like that.
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Up to 9 episodes and I'm enjoying it so far, though I do wonder where they're going with this considering it's supposed to end in the next 3 episodes and I have yet to see a bigger story/twist. :uhoh: It feels like a collection of short stories just now.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”