NO EXCUSES I SAID!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: NO EXCUSES I SAID!

Post by mirkosp » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Aside from that, I was thinking more about how to decide which clips are NG based on something more than just technical requirements. Thing is, the finished video didn't turn out quite as cool as it could have been since some people ruined what was going on before. Whether by just killing the flow or even by trying to be funny in ther wrong way or whatever. In the end it somehow works in a few bits, but it could have been much more amazing if there had been stricter rules.
So I was wondering, should we try to define somewhat what is fine and what isn't based on that too?

Anyway, 8 people interested in just above 12 hours sounds like there would be quite the will to do it again, so I'll be PMing Douggie and hear what he has to say. He had the original idea, so he should have a voice in this.

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 pm

IWANKTIN

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:20 pm

mirkosp wrote:but it could have been much more amazing if there had been stricter rules.
So I was wondering, should we try to define somewhat what is fine and what isn't based on that too?
Rules are good! Having a strict framework for a project will help keep it in line and closer to the originally proposed idea! :up:
ImageImage

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:33 pm

GIMMIE

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 am

Okay, Douggie replied me, so I have a clearer idea of what we should try to do.

Basically, one of the main reasons the project didn't work out very well was that people were mostly only focusing in picking up from the last track and then doing their thing. This meant that it could make the coming tracks harder to pull off properly, so if we want to do this, I think we'll need to:
- Try to comment track by track, deciding together where the project is headed and what should be tried.
- Edit tracks so that not only do they pick up well from what is left, but also set up a good cut for the next track to follow smoothly.
The one thing that probably made the project less of a success in the result, albeit decidedly interesting during the realization, was the "secrecy" of the thing. People weren't allowed to see what was done so far and so on. There was a general lack of feedback, unless people actively seeked for other members to talk about it, so it was harder to get the MEP going in a common direction.

So right now, I would like to hear from you, what do you think we should try to do in order to pull it off better than last time? Should we try to have people vote on whether each track is good or not, or would that be too much? Do you have other ideas?

To wrap up, I was thinking about having people edit every other day. So that means, roughly 24 hours from when the link to the FTP (or whatever I'll be able to set up) is made available to the editor to when the track must be uploaded, then another 24 hours or so for the others to give feedback or whatever, then next editor and so on. Would this routine be fine, or should we consider other timings? More time for editing/feedback or whatever?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:51 am

I think an overall "theme" might help it out. See how the beginning of the MEP was about dodging bullets and shooting/hiding? I think an epic gunfight throughout the entire MEP might work nicely. I'm not sure logistically how this would work out, and it might just be a doughnut clone, but that's kind of what I thought.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:20 am

Yes. The hardest thing will probably be finding another song that would work well... I'm not as much of a connoisseur as Douggie is.
After that, I would say we could give freedom to whoever does the first clip or two and then we should really start to see what we have so far and what could be done.

riccardocasu
Org Profile

Post by riccardocasu » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 am

Partecipo anch'io Mirko |:>

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:02 pm

I'd definitely be interested in joining.
i think it could be made more coherent with more communication between members and the coordinator.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 pm

i would love to drop something too since i somehow skipped orginal mep :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”