Steins;Gate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Steins;Gate

Postby Warlike Swans » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 am

I misspelled "Asimov" :oops:
Warlike Swans

Postby kireblue » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:09 pm

ibabrak wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:I also kinda twitched in annoyance every time I heard "TUTURUUUUUU"

This

GTFO! I loved it when she said that.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby [madaraxD] » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 pm

kireblue wrote:
ibabrak wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:I also kinda twitched in annoyance every time I heard "TUTURUUUUUU"

This

GTFO! I loved it when she said that.

me too XD
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby AimoAio » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm

For the first 13 episodes [which I watched weekly], I didn't think much of this series. Sure, it had a very cool and interesting idea but everything was just going so slow I was ready to fall asleep. So I put it on hold till it finished airing. Then today I saw episodes 14-24 and HOLYFUCKINGSHIT WHY THE FUCK DID I EVER PUT THIS ON HOLD? I SHOULD HAVE WATCHED IT EVERY WEEK.

Seriously that was one of the most epic storylines I have ever seen. One of/if not, the best I've seen this year for sure. :awesome: It's been a while since I saw 10 episodes of an anime in one day since I haven't really found anything that captivating. It feels like DRRR! all over again for me. Starts off slow and also a bit confusing but then got so much more brilliant! :up:

I also cried twice [as in having to actually get tissues and wipe tears] when:
Spoiler :
1. Suzuha left in the time machine to 1975 knowing fully she won't be able to go back.
2. Kurisu told Okabe to go save Mayuri even though she knew she was going to die if he did.

:cry:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 am

Ahahah, that was my reaction too...I started off watching this with Fall_Child42, and we watched one ep. Then we never got around to continuing it, so I watched 2-23 in two evenings, the second of which was the day ep 24 came out. I was also afraid that...

Spoiler :
-They'd never kiss...Hate it when there's chemistry between characters and the show just leaves physical contact out of it.
-Kurisu wouldn't recognize him when they passed on the street, but then amazing FUCK YEAH moment when she does!

I can't wait for the movie. SCIENCE.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby ibabrak » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

I liked it since the beginning but I wasn't a fan of the eps where
Spoiler :
they killed Mayuri over and over again... I do get why they put it in so many times but I just didn't like it... well it did dramatize the last eps tho. :)

ZephyrStar wrote:I was also afraid that...
Spoiler :
-They'd never kiss...Hate it when there's chemistry between characters and the show just leaves physical contact out of it.
-Kurisu wouldn't recognize him when they passed on the street, but then amazing FUCK YEAH moment when she does!

Exactly my worries
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby AimoAio » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am

ZephyrStar wrote: I was also afraid that...

Spoiler :

I can't wait for the movie. SCIENCE.

x2.
Spoiler :
I actually spoiled myself when I was looking up some info for it on wikipedia and happened to glance at the story plot and found out they find each other on the street. ARGH.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Emong » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :
Kurisu told Okabe to go save Mayuri even though she knew she was going to die if he did.

Spoiler :
Didn't she say to Okabe something like he would always find her beyond the 0,1% limit (or whatever the percent was)? Indicating that she wouldn't die but would merely stay in a different world line. I don't quite remember. The world line / time concept was confusing and illogical anyway :|

Looking forward to the movie!
Image Image
Emong
A Damaged Lemon

Postby AimoAio » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Emong wrote:
AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :
Kurisu told Okabe to go save Mayuri even though she knew she was going to die if he did.

Spoiler :
Didn't she say to Okabe something like he would always find her beyond the 0,1% limit (or whatever the percent was)? Indicating that she wouldn't die but would merely stay in a different world line. I don't quite remember. The world line / time concept was confusing and illogical anyway :|

She probably did. But
Spoiler :
Wouldn't that mean that the world line she's alive in would be the world line Mayuri dies in? And also Okabe wouldn't be in that world so they probably won't ever meet again ie. bad ending regardless.

I think the confusing part about the world lines was really with each decision a person makes it changes the future slightly so you'd get like 4875949034 different world lines and also, each different decision might affect another person's decision so that's why multiple things get changed instead of one. Although what really killed me was the fact that he went back in time undoing all those d-mails with Kurisu's help since she was the only one who would really believe he time-leaped then finding out at the last moment, that she'll die at the end of it all if he saved Mayuri. Harsh.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby EvaFan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:38 pm

If you want moar story you can read Steins Gate: Bokan no Rebellion, something till movie anyways.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:34 pm

You know, also....

Spoiler :
Yep, that's the thing about Titor's version of time travel, off of which this was based. I have to say too, I almost shit a brick at the mention of the name John Titor. I followed that initial posting with much interest back in like 2001/2002 when it was abuzz on all the paranormal and conspiracy forums. I love stuff like that, and all the connections made in this show to the original John Titor story are pretty damn incredible.

According to Titor, once you crossed a timeline, you could NEVER return to the exact same one. The act of time traveling itself would create an almost infinite number of universes, though many of them would be very very similar. The idea was that you could time travel to a timeline with a very small divergence from your original one, and create major changes there, which would echo through that timeline and all the ones either created from it or "next to it."

Back to Titor though, I still have all the pictures that were posted by him in the threads he created...here are some of them. Notice the "IBN 5100." The other shots are supposedly of the time travel device itself, and pages from it's operating manual. Titor claimed that the machine ran off two micro black holes, (which were supposed to be discovered by CERN in the mid to late 2000's), and that you took a vehicle or something large to sit in, and you placed the machine in the vehicle, and using the device, you formed a "time bubble" around the vehicle, the air, and the ground. That's the reason there are air tanks in the back of the vehicle. Titor also said that upon arriving in your new timeline, you would have brought with you several hundred pounds of dirt, which was taken along because of the bottom of the time bubble.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby 8bit_samurai » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 am

Tuturu |:> Awesome show. Can't wait for the movie.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby OropherZero » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:13 pm

OropherZero

Previous

Return to Anime Series Discussion