Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: Now with Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
competitionbros
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: 4 Weeks Left!

Post by competitionbros » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Psssh, anymore and we might go insane.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 am

A friendly update, less then a month before the deadline.

All video's submitted and FTP accounts closed have been reviewed as of this time. Please check your status for updates. At this time if you do not have any creator comments you're video should be fine. Final QC will happen around the week leading up to the deadline. If you video passes final QC it will compete, however the judges have the final say when it comes to questionable content.

Also, all FTP accounts that I have received notification for have been created and provisioned. If you did not receive an email with your credentials please check the entry status page as your credentials should be listed there. If not then there was an issue with the system and I never received notification for creating an FTP account. If that is the case simply request a new one and one will be provided generally within 24~36 hours.

As I've said before, the contest is shaping up great so far and I'm looking forward to some more awesome entries so keep em coming.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

competitionbros wrote:Psssh, anymore and we might go insane.
ImageImageImageImage

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 pm

That made me shudder, I cannot lose this bet.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: Oct 7 Deadline!

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Speaking of loosing and bets, someone still needs to send in entries or I'm counting it as an auto-loose :awesome:

And for the rest of ya, Deadline is Oct 7th! That's just 4 days away! Keep in mind this is a somewhat soft deadline. By that I mean that you MUST have BOTH your entry form and FTP request in by Midnight October 8th Eastern Daylight Savings Time (GMT -5.) I am usually out late on Fridays so you may get a few extra mins/hours depending on when I get home. However, once I get home the system will close. The sooner you get your form/ftp request in the better. Then, those who submit via FTP will have until Midnight October 10th to get their entries uploaded. If you happen to be in the middle of transferring your video once the deadline hits you will not be kicked from the server, but no further connections will be allowed at that time, so if you get booted off the server due to internet issues you will NOT be allowed back on. Again, the sooner you submit your entry the better.

For those planning to submit via snail-mail, I MUST receive your package no later then October 8th (Saturday) or else your entry will be discarded. Remember to print out the mail-in form from the entry status page and mail the form as well as your entry to the address on the form.

Any questions, please forward them on to vat [at] youmacon [dot] com.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: <6 hrs left!!!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Just a friendly reminder that ya'll still procrastinating have just about 6 hours left to submit your entries and get your FTP requests in. Remember we allow all types of videos, not just AMVs, so send em in. You'll have the rest of the weekend to get your entry in via FTP as well. I've authorized all accounts as of this time. Keep in mind the server may be a little crowded.
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: <6 hrs left!!!

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:08 pm

entered 3 including my A:TLA video :awesome:

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: 5+ Weeks Left!

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:14 pm

ngsilver wrote:Extra brownie points for pony vids |:>
Ask and you shall receive :ying:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: Deadline Passed...

Post by ngsilver » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 am

Alright everyone. The deadline for the MV contest is now passed. I have at this point gone through every FTP open and close request. Every entry I have received either via snail-mail or FTP has gone through general QC. Every FTP request has been authorized.

If you did not receive an email with the FTP account info, please check the entry status page as your FTP information will be there.

Also, if you have already submitted an entry please also check the entry status page in order to verify that your entry has been received and there are no problems with it. If there are problems you may upload a fixed version of your entry. You have as many attempts as it takes until the FTP closes on Sunday night at Midnight (when all outstanding FTP accounts will be closed.) Once the FTP system has been closed, any entries that are still DQ'ed or new entries that become DQ'ed will have 1 chance to submit a fixed version that will only be available for a short period of time. I will post again with more info when this becomes relevant as well as send email to each entrant this specifically pertains to.

The status to watch out for is:

Problems Found (There was an issue with your entry, check the coordinator comments section for more info)
Video Received (Your video has been received and passed basic QC, it is not slated to compete yet, however if there are no comments in the coordinator field you are most likely fine)
Entry Form Received (You submitted an entry form, but you have not submitted your video yet or it has not been processed yet. This includes not closing your FTP account. If after the Sunday night FTP close you are still in this status that means I never received your video and it will be automatically DQ'ed.)
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2011 MV & Adult MV Contest: Deadline Passed...

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:07 am

All videos have been processed as of this time. Please check the entry status page in order to see where you video currently stands. If your entry has been DQ'ed (status should like problems found) please read the coordinator comments in order to find out why. For those videos that have been DQ'ed, you will be given a limited time only 1 single chance, to correct your problem and submit the corrected version. You will have until Midnight on October 13th (Aprox 72 hours from now) in order to get your corrected version in. Re-submission is ONLY available via FTP. From the entry status page simply click the open re-submission FTP button (same location as the FTP Open/Close was before) and wait for the FTP account information you will receive via email. Once you have uploaded your re-submission simply close the account the same way you closed the FTP account (click the close button on the entry status page) and wait for your entry to be processed and status updated. I will close all accounts and process all videos re-submitted at Midnight Oct 13th (EDT.)

Also note, the re-submission process is ONLY available to entries that were DQ'ed from a submitted entry. If your entry was DQ'ed due to not having submitted an entry by the deadline better luck next year.

If you have any questions or issues please let me know.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”