Here is some feedback for ya...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Here is some feedback for ya...

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:39 pm

ngsilver wrote:I'll have my recording equipment with me again at AWA. If people wanna do interviews I'm more then happy to use my hotel room as a recording booth and interview peeps this year.
That might just be a fun project for you to do anyway ;)

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 pm

ngsilver wrote:I'll have my recording equipment with me again at AWA. If people wanna do interviews I'm more then happy to use my hotel room as a recording booth and interview peeps this year.

Well...this will show up on a police report in the near future.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Interview question #1: "You do realize you'll be marked as a weeaboo and a person who only does this for self-promotion, right?"

(kewp): "Bible Black"

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 pm

By want to I of course mean forcibly knocking out and dragging people up to my room. By interview I also mean record them while they get Pilk'ed as the rest of CB-R watches and SD... well... does whatever he does...

ImageImageImageImage

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 pm

ngsilver wrote:By want to I of course mean forcibly knocking out and dragging people up to my room. By interview I also mean record them while they get Pilk'ed as the rest of CB-R watches and SD... well... does whatever he does...

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://ngsilver.com/avatar/pony/pony-020.jpg
Glad to see someone's taken over where I left off. ;P

But to the topic:
I agree with the OP. I don't come to this site very regularly, so when I saw a new interview I was ecstatic. I had no idea who they were so the first thing I did (before even reading the interview) was go to their .org page to see what they'd done. Two videos listed, none of which had links, and hadn't logged in since 2009.... Needless to say, I was disappointed and didn't even bother reading the interview at all. What's the point when it had nothing to do with our community?

Now if it was an interview with a lobbyist or lawyer regarding how we can defend ourselves with AMV shit... then I'd excuse not having a profile. But even the description of this interview screamed sponsorship. And most of us(online regulars) have learned to gloss over those. So I did (though I know there was no sponsorship in this case).

As for the interviews option itself... Personally if we're not going to do anything useful with it, and we're not planning to revamp it, can we just take it down? It's old, out-dated, and if there's no future plans, then it's rather irrelevant.

But if you'd like to try something new with it, why not just link it to the forums? There was a time when some radio show or AMV 'production group' (I forget who) did weekly interviews and/or reviews. I think they also had their own subforum at one point because they were so regular with it. You know what would've been nice? A little link on the main page for those of us who don't browse the forum very often. It would've gotten them more readers/recognition, and it would've allowed the ..org to share some of the credit for 'creating a community' for some outsider's hard work (dedication and, of course, conducting the interviews).
An archive of those interviews would be nice. Could we link to those from the interivews page, then? I'm sure users wouldn't mind reading a forum thread if it was linked to from somewhere 'official'.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”