Project Don't Forget

Dearheart
Org Profile

Project Don't Forget

Post by Dearheart » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:35 am

DISCLAIMER: Even though I registered a while ago, I've only just started getting active in the AMV community, so I'm a bit of a n00b. If this is the wrong place to post something like this, please let me know! I apologize in advance for anything stupid I do! Please don't bite my head off! xD

Okay. I don't know how many of you are Fullmetal Alchemist fans, but I'm putting something very special together for FMA Day (October 3rd). It's called "Project Don't Forget" and I need help from all my fellow FMA fans to pull it off! Basically, I'm collecting testimonials from fans about why they love FMA and what it means to them, and eventually I'm going to edit them all together in one trailer/documentary-style video. On Oct. 3rd, I will post the finished product, and it will be glorious! :D

Here's the announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkW037uX04I

And here's all the info and rules for entering: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/foru ... opic=15549

Now, I'm not an anime otaku like most of you are. I appreciate anime as a form of storytelling, but for the most part (with a few small exceptions), it's not something I'm super interested in. I'm just a poor clueless Westerner who happened to fall head-over-heels in love with the awesomeness known as FMA. So I realize some of you probably don't think FMA is that big of a deal...but to me, it's right up there with Lord of the Rings. It captured my heart and impacted my life in so many ways, and I'm sure I'm can't be the only one.

So if you love FMA and like the sound of this idea, PLEASE join in! And even if you aren't an FMA fan...if you know someone who is, please spread the word! The deadline is September 24th, and I need all the entries I can get! Thank you!! <3
~ A lesson without pain is meaningless,
For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something in return.
But when you overcome that pain, and make the lesson your own...
You will gain an infallible, irreplaceable fullmetal heart. ~

Sukunai
Org Profile

Re: Project Don't Forget

Post by Sukunai » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:14 am

Interesting post.

I too personally have seen some anime over the years that through no deliberate action of the anime itself, or the creators of the anime, it 'did something' for me, and 'to' me.

I deal with depression and a lot of issues thanks to disability. To date I have watched hundreds of anime shows both the greats, and the more unknowns. Thus far, the one that has hit home the most for me, is Shugo Chara. And really, it was mostly the opening song of the start of the series.

The lines Naritai You Ni Nareba ii Jan..... and Yaritai You Ni Yareba ii Jan have meant more to me than anything else in 15 years of anime.
For those wondering, it says What I want to be, I will be just fine.... What I want to do, I will do just fine.

Good luck on your project.

The magic of anime for me, is that unlike cartoons, almost always meant as nothing more that slapstick humour and rude humour, anime often tries to be something more, even when it seems on the surface to be nothing more.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

Dearheart
Org Profile

Post by Dearheart » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Wow, that's wonderful... :)

And yeah, that's true...even though anime in general isn't my thing, I do appreciate the fact that it's a form of storytelling for all ages and all genres. Cartoons and animation don't have to be "just for kids" or juvenile humor; they can used for powerful, meaningful, more mature stories too. Sadly, I think that's something America has yet to embrace.

Thank you! I really want to pull this off...

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm

"I'm just a poor clueless Westerner who happened to fall head-over-heels in love..."

And that's how otakudom begins :p

Dearheart
Org Profile

Post by Dearheart » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 pm

LOL, good point. XD I just made my anime-hating best friend a victim of that a couple days ago, actually. I show her the first few episodes of FMA, and the next thing I know she demands we watch three more, and then she turns and asks, "Hey, are there any other animes like this? You have to show me more of this stuff. And I wonder if there's someplace we could shop around for FMA costumes..."

Oh lord, what have I started... XDD

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Hehe

Yes there are animes and then there are animes, and the trick is to read your friends, and understand what would interest them, and show them THAT.

Because the anime community's idea of a top 10 anime shows list, won't necessarily mean much or anything to a person that has never watched any.

I am currently watching the new show Usagi Drop, which I have to say, is about one of the most entirely acceptable anime shows I have ever seen. My buddy is constantly saying how the main male character has to be one of the most likable guys ever. And how all the cast of the show, have such an easily enjoyable 'realness' to them.

But of course, some people would respond by calling it dull or boring or lacking action.

But it's not like you can't find great action based shows if a person responds to action.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

Return to “General Anime”