Avisynth Code Help

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
TidusChizild07
Org Profile

Avisynth Code Help

Post by TidusChizild07 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:41 am

Hey folks,

I was following Kionon's guide and I kept coming across an error when I tried to load the avs into virtualdub:

The code I used:

I also had an error for line 4 as well (same fashion as the line 3 error). Any ideas? I tried deleting them and running Vdub just to see if the process worked all the way to getting dumped in my editing software (FCE) and it did...but the images repeat themselves every few seconds and do this strange pixelated transition at new angle shots. I swear I had trouble with this same thing when I was on windows back in '05... :?

I am currently using Mac OS X 10.5.8 with an Intel processor.

Thanks for any advice or fixes and if you need more screenshots let me know!

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: Avisynth Code Help

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Do you have TComb.dll or TIVTC.dll in AviSynth's plugins folder?
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

TidusChizild07
Org Profile

Post by TidusChizild07 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

I am thinking no. Here is what I see on my screen:

Do I need to reinstall AMVapp again?

TidusChizild07
Org Profile

Post by TidusChizild07 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Here are the screen shots of my folders and thank you for the response!

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Those screenshots don't show me anything (not that I really needed to see screenshots, but whatever).

Are the files TComb.dll and TIVTC.dll in the folder shown the last screenshot? The reason I said it didn't show me anything is because the image wasn't scrolled down to show the stuff starting with 'T'. And while I would assume that CrossOver or WineBottler has no reason to put stuff in some obfuscated pattern that differs radically from standard Wine, there is that possibility to account for.

If the plugins folder doesn't have those .dlls, you don't have to reinstall anything. Just download the relevant zip files for the plugins from http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/ and then unpack them, and then put the .dlls in the plugins folder.

Barring that, maybe it doesn't like being told to look on the 'desktop'. If the .avs is in the same folder as the .d2v file, just keep the MPEG2Source call to the .d2v filename.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

TidusChizild07
Org Profile

Post by TidusChizild07 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I didn't find the TComb.dll or TIVTC.dll. I will install them using the link your provided (thank you). However, before I do that, I want to make sure I will be placing these plugins in the correct folders.

Here is how my directory for Avisynth is looking:

Desktop-->AMVapp--> AviSynth 2.5 and within Avisynth there are these folders: 2.0 filters, alternatives, C Plugins, ffdshow, trickyloaders, ProcessMD.exe, and uninst.exe. There are also a slew of .dlls and and a few .avsis inside. Should any of these folders or files be somewhere else?

Also, my Avisynth Filters folder is located in this file path:

Desktop--> AMVapp---> Avisynth Filters. Should Avisynth Filters be inside the Avisynth 2.5 folder or within "C Plugins" or "2.0 Filters"?

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:42 pm

TidusChizild07 wrote:I didn't find the TComb.dll or TIVTC.dll. I will install them using the link your provided (thank you). However, before I do that, I want to make sure I will be placing these plugins in the correct folders.

Here is how my directory for Avisynth is looking:

Desktop-->AMVapp--> AviSynth 2.5 and within Avisynth there are these folders: 2.0 filters, alternatives, C Plugins, ffdshow, trickyloaders, ProcessMD.exe, and uninst.exe. There are also a slew of .dlls and and a few .avsis inside. Should any of these folders or files be somewhere else?

Also, my Avisynth Filters folder is located in this file path:

Desktop--> AMVapp---> Avisynth Filters.
Like I said before, I would think CrossOver would adhere to the same directory structure as Wine and work out of a replica of the Windows hierarchy. On a regular Windows install, AviSynth is installed under Program Files, not AMVapp.
Should Avisynth Filters be inside the Avisynth 2.5 folder or within "C Plugins" or "2.0 Filters"?
Neither. They go in C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins (that Windows hierarchy replica I mentioned earlier). Or however CrossOver has it set up.

In any case, I would strongly doubt the right place is in a subfolder of 'AMVapp', and when inside of the AviSynth 2.5 folder, you should see several folders: 'Docs', 'Examples', 'License Translations' and finally 'plugins' (which will have some of the subfolders you mentioned). Put the .dlls in 'plugins' - just the regular 'plugins' folder, not any of the subfolders.

TidusChizild07
Org Profile

Post by TidusChizild07 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:18 am

Alright. Well, when I go into the finder tool, select my username (not the desktop) and click the applications folder Crossover is there and inside of that is AMVapp, Avisynth, DvD Decrpyter, XVid, and ffdshow.

The inside of my Avisynth folder looks like this:

So i definitely see "wine" :? but I need it to be available for crossover!

Here is what happens when I double click 'Plugin Directory'

Sorry if these pics are useless, I just take them just in case it may help. Anyway, I think I will uninstall the app from my comp and try to do a fresh "auto" install (just click next and ok without question). I will let you know if things still aren't working after doing that and adding in your dlls.

Thanks again!

Return to “Mac Software”