Here is some feedback for ya...

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: Here is some feedback for ya...

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:21 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Pwolf wrote:And I just noticed the amv app I developed is no longer on there... wtf? You guys removed something that was actually relevant and useful and put up something irrelevant and useless to anyone in this community.
I just noticed that too. seriously - bad form.
The app information was moved back on top recently. :)

btw, having the opportunity to do an interview with a group that's been around the convention circuit for a long while now is actually a good thing. :wink:
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Me and Reggie and Chuck (the three amigos) had about the same reaction to this interview.

A: Holy crap when did they bring interviews back.

B: Oh O.K. it's the Leet street boys, that's all good and everything ... but it's got absolutely nothing to do with us. What is this? *shrug*

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:B: Oh O.K. it's the Leet street boys, that's all good and everything ... but it's got absolutely nothing to do with us. What is this? *shrug*
Actually, they are big fans and supporters of the Org, not to mention video editors themselves. So, it has a lot to do with us. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 pm

So what's the going rate for a front page interview then?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:35 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:So what's the going rate for a front page interview then?
A good attitude, politely asking and being of newsworthy interest to any member of animemusicvideos.org? I'm just guessing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:49 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:So what's the going rate for a front page interview then?
A good attitude, politely asking and being of newsworthy interest to any member of animemusicvideos.org? I'm just guessing.
[citation needed]

Comments so far seem to paint a completely different picture.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:14 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:Actually, they are big fans and supporters of the Org, not to mention video editors themselves. So, it has a lot to do with us. :)

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 pm

macchinainterna wrote:
GloryQuestor wrote:Actually, they are big fans and supporters of the Org, not to mention video editors themselves. So, it has a lot to do with us. :)
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.dz-studios.com/macchinainter ... really.jpg

My thoughts exactly. When the hell have they been posting on the forum in support of AMVs or giving reference to us in any of their work at all? They only come here to promote themselves and that hasn't even been for a while.

As Ileia has suggested multiple times over, why not put a poll on the mainpage so we can vote for who we want to see interviews from? And if you can't get the person with the most votes, god forbid, go to the person with the second most :/ Besides, our very own members have proved multiple times over that they don't exactly hate talking about themselves :P Might as well let them do what they enjoy so the rest of us can read a non-retarded article. Hell, I skipped the whateverboys interview and went back to read the old Pianos interview and that was some good stuff.

It's becoming more and more of a trend for higher ups to produce weeaboo-esque related material (such as the interview, the horrible award names for the VCAs, etc...) and ignore/brush aside excellent suggestions made by loyal members that have been here for years and are active on the forums and even IRC.

All the smiley faces and fan-gasming over these horrible selections will not change the that they are horrible selections.

Now I'm just going to wait for the eventual rebuttal of "oh, but the mods work hard and blah, blah, blah..." I have respect for very few of the mods on this site. A good leader listens to those most loyal/productive and tries to act on their suggestions. They don't say "Even though you all obviously disagree with me, you all should be happy! Even though you've seen no evidence for it, this is a good thing! :)"

Take more lessons from DokiDoki, Corran and even Pwolf. Mods/members like them look at the suggestions of other editors and see interesting ideas, then try to put them into action and last time I check....all of the suggestions originally brought up by members have been pretty damn big successes. And Pwolf isn't even a mod (and neither is Corran since he stepped down) but you get the point.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Where's pwolf's interview? He is the king after all. :|
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Weeaboo is a little overkill on the term, don't you think? It was one awards year and one interview, both of which they fixed pretty quickly [with the name-hover feature and the spoiler box for the interview]. ;P

I agree on the interviews though. There's a lot of good potential out there.

I think there are plenty of members [both on and off a-m-v.org and into international realms] that have a lot to say/offer, and they could do a lot of interesting things with it. I'd personally like to hear about the AMVApp development, how AMV culture is different in the other international centers, and even moreso of the a-m-v.org members that have moved to other sites like Youtube. HEck, I'd love to hear an interview about people that feel that level of "intimidation" from us, since we seem to get that a lot. Oh, and ZephryStar's anime project! And something like CastorTroy's professional editor thing, just different.

EDIT: And one from mirkoSP to explain how the hell to use Avisynth. |:>

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”