The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - ROUND FOUR!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - ROUND FOUR!

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:15 am

It's the song selection process. They are given three songs and they rank them from best to worst. Whichever song gets the combined highest ranking is the one they use. They have to do this at the same time, otherwise one of them will know what they song may possibly be using ahead of time as well as the source they are going to use.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:54 am

I'm honestly thinking about just forfeiting at this point :P

Even after the match is scheduled we'll both be editing either balls early (I'm NOT a morning person) or super late at night. Fighting to wake up or stay awake and trying to edit doesn't sound like a fun time to me. :( And there's no reason to keep going if it's not any fun.

I'd rather go out of my own accord than with a mega-halfassed mess of a video.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Mkay, well, I'm highly considering just changing up the rules at this point. Kinda lame for Silk and Starsy's match, but if it's causing this much pain, I don't have much choice. I guess I just didn't think it'd be that big of an issue. In the previous tournaments, almost EVERY match was done simultaneously. I don't know if it was just a matter of them having overall fewer international editors or what, but I figured doing it like this wouldn't be such a hassle.

I realize I've been a pretty shitty coordinator over the past couple months (time, busy, excuses, etc.) and I want to get this thing done. I've got a 2TB hard drive waiting for ze winner :O So yeah, for the rest of the matches, unless somebody strongly disagrees, I will just be rolling for the song.

So whenever you know you have some free time to edit, send me a PM and lets get this thing rolling.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Okay, need some opinions here.

Magnus (ZetZu) messaged me a few days ago wondering if he'd be able to re-enter the tournament (if you don't remember, he decided to drop out at the end of round 3 due to some pretty serious health issues). He's got more free time now and is feeling okay enough to edit, and since Josh (Mamo) hasn't edited his round 4 match yet, I figured it'd probably be ok. I talked to Josh about it and he was totally cool with the idea.

Then I realized that I had already posted the song for the match in the round 3 thread. Now, Magnus says that he swears he doesn't remember it and promises not to go looking for it. I personally trust him on that. However, this IS a contest with prizes involved, and I want to be fair to everybody. What do you guys think? Should I give him another chance, or chalk it up to unfortunate circumstances and move on with the tournament?

The other option is I could choose a totally new song. That'd clear Magnus completely, however, Josh already edited his round 3 video. Meaning, it'd be giving HIM a second chance at editing (for better or worse). I haven't posed this question to Josh but my guess would be he'd be fine with it, but again, I'll leave it up to you guys.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Coming from a completely neutral point of view, in light of prizes being involved and the semi-serious nature of this contest, I would say that the better option would just be to move along. That's just what I would do from the chair of an AMV coordinator in a contest. Unfortunate as it is for Zetzu, I think the momentum of the contest has overtaken him now. And no, I'm not just saying this because I'm relying on Mamo to win this tournament to win the predictions (I didn't remember this little point until I actually started typing this).

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:29 pm

I figure Josh's opinion is the only one that matters since he's getting the rawest part of the deal. Either Magnus edits with a song he may possibly have heard beforehand or Josh edits a completely new IC. If Josh is okay with using the same song, then I don't see the problem. But, you should still ask him if he's sure he doesn't want to take his chances with a new song. It all depends on if he's confident with his current video. Personally, I think we can trust Magnus not to cheat. ICs are already based on a good deal of trust no matter how many safeguards we put up against cheating.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Awesome! I'm glad you figured out a new rule system for this round. I'll definitely get to scheduling a time to edit next week, but right now I'm in a ton of pain with a swollen face. (I'm hoping it's just really bad allergies on top of my top wisdom tooth cutting against my cheek, but I'll find out more tomorrow after a visit to the doctor's. :? )

Anyway, in my own opinion, I wouldn't have a problem with Magnus entering back into the tournament, especially since his opponent's okay with it. Either option regarding the song seems good, but a new song might make it seem more 'fair'. Don't get me wrong, I believe him when he says he doesn't know the song and won't go looking for it, but there would probably be less potential drama if a whole new match was coordinated. Granted, it will be more work for Josh, but again if he's okay with it then it's probably the better choice.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:33 pm

As a judge I approve of the re-entry of Magnus. But as mentioned above I think in all fairness the only person who should have a real say on the matter would be Josh.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:25 am

Since I'm not a participant and I don't care either way, I guess my opinion is pretty neutral too. :D

Josh says he's cool with it and, thus, his opinion matters most since he holds the power of either to dispel the match or let Mangus have his chance. Now, since the issue at hand is the audio itself, Josh is probably the only one who can decide on whether to do a re-do or just stick with the video he has. In essence, Josh has the opportunity to stick with the video he made and take his chances on that video, or, if he doesn't like the video he made, he can just make a new IC video. So, its a pretty good bargaining chip for Josh in this tournament. So, I say, let Josh be the one to decide whether to make a new match or stick with his original video. :mrgreen:

Mamo!
El Shine-o
Org Profile

Post by Mamo! » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:55 am

Brad wrote:Okay, need some opinions here.

Magnus (ZetZu) messaged me a few days ago wondering if he'd be able to re-enter the tournament (if you don't remember, he decided to drop out at the end of round 3 due to some pretty serious health issues). He's got more free time now and is feeling okay enough to edit, and since Josh (Mamo) hasn't edited his round 4 match yet, I figured it'd probably be ok. I talked to Josh about it and he was totally cool with the idea.

Then I realized that I had already posted the song for the match in the round 3 thread. Now, Magnus says that he swears he doesn't remember it and promises not to go looking for it. I personally trust him on that. However, this IS a contest with prizes involved, and I want to be fair to everybody. What do you guys think? Should I give him another chance, or chalk it up to unfortunate circumstances and move on with the tournament?

The other option is I could choose a totally new song. That'd clear Magnus completely, however, Josh already edited his round 3 video. Meaning, it'd be giving HIM a second chance at editing (for better or worse). I haven't posed this question to Josh but my guess would be he'd be fine with it, but again, I'll leave it up to you guys.
Oh hi Brad :o
Hehe like what I said when I bumped into you downtown yesterday, either is fine. I trust Magnus as well so a new song isn't necessarily needed. But if it comes to that, I'm down. Just let me know. :3

Return to “The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v4.0”