Zarx264 problem

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

Re: Zarx264 problem

Postby Quu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:06 pm

can movie maker output uncompressed avi?
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines
Quu

Postby Zarxrax » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Of course not, that would actually make sense. Microsoft wouldn't want that, now would they :p
Zarxrax

Postby Quu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 pm

insane bitrate wmv then?
Quu

Postby Mister Hatt » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 am

DV is less aids than WMV3 at least. Not that anyone should be using WMM in the first place though.
Mister Hatt

Postby Quu » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 am

Windows Movie Maker... hasa diga eebowai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mo ... and_output
"Windows Movie Maker can only export video in Windows Media formats or DV AVI.[10] It includes some predefined profiles, but users can also create custom profiles which utilize newer codecs using Windows Media Profile Editor (part of Windows Media Encoder 9 Series) and copy those profiles to the %Program Files%\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles folder for them to be used in Windows Movie Maker.[11] 'In order for the custom profiles to show up, users must go to File > Publish Movie. Tasks > Publish Movie will not show any custom profiles. As well make sure you follow the instructions from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... ovie-Maker when creating custom profile (such as having 1 audio and 1 video stream)."

I wonder what can be done with that?
Quu

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am

I'd venture a guess that the group of people using WMM and the group that could both understand and be willing to follow those directions has such a miniscule intersection, that any further discussion of it should be branded 'a complete waste of time and energy.'
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Quu » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Bashar... yes, but someone might be able to make a guide to help people export from WMM?
Quu

Postby xDreww » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Is there any way I can download the old zarx versions?! I don't like the new onces. I have a new computer and went to the download link..and the other versions arint there...
xDreww

Postby Cannonaire » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:59 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'd venture a guess that the group of people using WMM and the group that could both understand and be willing to follow those directions has such a miniscule intersection, that any further discussion of it should be branded 'a complete waste of time and energy.'

That is what I did a couple years ago with my first AMV.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.
Cannonaire

Postby Zarxrax » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:52 pm

xDreww wrote:Is there any way I can download the old zarx versions?! I don't like the new onces. I have a new computer and went to the download link..and the other versions arint there...

Version 1.41 is still available, I wouldn't recommend anything older than that. Is there any particular reason?
Zarxrax

Previous

Return to Footage Help