Zarx264 problem

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
jakkor
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264 problem

Post by jakkor » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:52 am

Symantec endepoint protection deleted zarx264.exe in version 1.41, suspicius, dengerous file

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:06 am

Well symantec is just gay then.
I recommend using virus software that doesn't suck.

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1314453615#
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1314453509

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:13 am

FFMS2 doesn't do anything, it relies on libav. If libav says it's interlaced, then FFMS2 does as well. So really you just need to build your own against a decent ver of the lib and not use someone else's ancient build if you have a problem. That said, last I looked, libav still regards all DV as interlaced because frankly it should be.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:35 pm

As mister Hatt says, DV is interlaced...
DV was based around recording SD TV broadcasts (NTSC, PAL, etc) which are interlaced

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DV
"Closely following ITU-R Rec. 601 standard, DV video employs interlaced video scanning with the luminance sampling frequency of 13.5 MHz. This results in 480 scanlines per complete frame for the 60 Hz system, and 576 scanlines per complete frame for the 50 Hz system. In both systems the active area contains 720 pixels per scanline, with 704 pixels used for content and 16 pixels on the sides left for digital blanking. The same frame size is used for 4:3 and 16:9 frame aspect ratios, resulting in different pixel aspect ratios for fullscreen and widescreen video."

"All DV variants except for DVCPRO Progressive are recorded to tape within interlaced video stream. Film-like frame rates are possible by using pulldown. DVCPRO HD supports native progressive format when recorded to P2 memory cards."
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Yes. Whatever.

But the issue is, almost all dv videos come from windows movie maker, because the guide told them to export as dv for whatever reason.
This interlaces their previously fine video.
If the encoder just reads it in as interlaced, then they end up with an interlaced mp4 file. Everyone loses.

Reading it in via avisynth DirectShowSource, the dv decoder will deinterlace it somehow, which at least looks better than it being interlaced.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:06 pm

can movie maker output uncompressed avi?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Of course not, that would actually make sense. Microsoft wouldn't want that, now would they :p

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 pm

insane bitrate wmv then?

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 am

DV is less aids than WMV3 at least. Not that anyone should be using WMM in the first place though.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 am

Windows Movie Maker... hasa diga eebowai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mo ... and_output
"Windows Movie Maker can only export video in Windows Media formats or DV AVI.[10] It includes some predefined profiles, but users can also create custom profiles which utilize newer codecs using Windows Media Profile Editor (part of Windows Media Encoder 9 Series) and copy those profiles to the %Program Files%\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles folder for them to be used in Windows Movie Maker.[11] 'In order for the custom profiles to show up, users must go to File > Publish Movie. Tasks > Publish Movie will not show any custom profiles. As well make sure you follow the instructions from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... ovie-Maker when creating custom profile (such as having 1 audio and 1 video stream)."

I wonder what can be done with that?

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”