Carnival Phantasm

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Carnival Phantasm

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:14 pm

yea, ep 3 out
Spoiler :
Not quite as funny as the first two, obviously playing on the romance side stories of Tskihime and Fate/Stay, so far ep 1 is my fav, followed by ep 2 and 3. I think the 3rd one felt even shorter than usual because they split it up into two mini stories, 2 minutes for the opening, 4 min for each ministory, 2 min for the afterschool allyway alliance (which I have no idea where that came from, not as familiar with those characters) and then 2 minutes for credit and the not as funny Tiger Dojo. Too many short segments in a really short episode. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

It had its moments, but they where few and far between. The next one however will be amazing. I have been waiting for this one :ying:
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:44 pm

so I guess this is over now, but there were a couple scenes in the first trailer that I don't recall showing up in the series, check around 1:34 and 1:44 on the trailer

unless they were cut for some reason

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 am

Its not over its an OVA series so the next 4 eps will be taking a while, but will be out eventually. Its kinda like the Hellsing OVA series.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:36 pm

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I normally never visit the Anime Series Discussion board.

I have to figure out how to promote this series better. At Anime Weekend Atlanta, I was running into so many people who were Type-Moon fans but hadn't heard of CP or didn't know what it was, and I had to explain it and hopefully get them to watch it when they screened the first two episodes (why not all four? they would have fit!) in Video Room 3.

(Mad props to AWA, by the way, for even showing CP in the first place.)

I was kind of hoping there'd be a lot of cosplaying Type-Moon fans there so we could have a photoshoot before or after, but Cyanna and I (as Arcueid and Shiki) were the only ones I noticed in costume.

... Perhaps we should have used our Neko-Arc and Neko-Arc Chaos costumes instead?

Oh, and has anyone figured out what the hell "ruranra" is yet?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Mods please append:
Chez wrote:Its not over its an OVA series so the next 4 eps will be taking a while, but will be out eventually. Its kinda like the Hellsing OVA series.
Release date is 10/28 for "season" 2. They'd better show those "date everyone" schemes...!
ImageImage

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

ep5:
Man that was hearttaking.. I mean who would have thought that Berseker was such an caring person... no really, I loled pretty hard everytime he beat up lancer with subtitle with meaning that he won't forget about his friend.
Also, Berseker second "Noble Phantasm" was pretty awsome

ep6:
I'm sorry, Master. I may have carelessly neglected the use of brakes.
Don't ride a freaking bike indoors in the first place, Rider!
But my riding skills are ranked A+.

But what made me laugh the hardest was Archer's speach in ep3 about blu-ray records. Not to mention that Archer's personality itself is totally hilarious in Carnival Phantasm. :awesome:
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 pm

yep, definitely happy to see this back again, ep 5 was the best one since ep 1 (rider does get the short end of the stick in the VN's lol), I kind of missed some of the inside jokes of ep 6 (probably a lot of it has to do with fan reactions to them).

btw, what happened to the triple date with shiro that was supposed to happen after ep 4

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:26 pm

ep 7 up, nothing fancy, but the dere castor love story was cute, and chaos getting raped by arcueid heh. if this ova is only 8 eps they only have 1 more to put in the group date

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Jasta85 wrote:ep 7 up, nothing fancy, but the dere castor love story was cute, and chaos getting raped by arcueid heh. if this ova is only 8 eps they only have 1 more to put in the group date
There's a 3rd "season" coming out in December, so the 8th episode won't be the last. It's been speculated that that season will have more Tsukihime/MB stuff in it, as that's the one that's being bundled with Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code for the limited edition release, IIRC.

Given what they said on UTW's website about episode 7 having the only Tsukihime segment in this batch, I'm guessing we won't see the group date until December, but I don't really mind at this point because the rest of it is still so amusing.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”