I scored everything, but decided not to share because the contest is insufficiently blind.
1. A tribute to starscapes? I
stars too. Some scene selection is beautiful and some *shrug.* It's a bit one note, but it's a pretty note. Nice atmosphere
2. It takes amazing editing for me to get past an abominable song, and while this has some periods that are beautifully on point, it just isn't enough to get past the song.
3. It's really entertaining but it relies heavily on the text.
4. Gets monotonous, starts on a bad note with arbitrary scenes and lip-flap.
5. This video would be better without the lip sync, and more cohesive with only one couple. The "photos" are adroitly used, and there are some other really great scene selections, but the lip-sync pulls me out of it.
6. My stomach turns a bit at the idea of re-watching this, it's not your editing, it's all the drool... Eck! There are some funny moments, but overall I think this would make people want to stay virgins.
7. The AMV really suits the song. At times it suffers from effects overkill and during the more frenetic moments it's kinda painful to watch (literally). Good sync... Something about it just doesn't appeal to me though.
8. Mixed video quality
Audio mixing could use work, song & source lack synergy.
9. This song would work better with one source... or maybe a lot more sources. Visually "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" melds terribly with the others (superflat coloring). Some of the scene selection and timing of edits seem arbitrary.
10. Starts with text I can't read! What did I ever do to you? Editing is so hit and miss. When it hits it's great, when it misses I wonder if you had half a video when the deadline drew near so you just through stuff in. I wish there was more cohesion.
11. Most joyful character profile I've ever seen... and I totally want to spend New Year's Eve in Equestria now.
12. I confess I don't care for most action AMVs, and this seems pretty typical. Also there is overlay overkill, & mediocre video quality.
13. *Shrug* Emotionally doesn't connect for me. The text at the corners in the beginning pull the eye from the other visuals, the audio at the end is cut off (unless she's supposed to say, "I'm coming ho.") But otherwise everything is nicely done.
14. Well, I knew before watching it that it was a tribute. I wonder how this video would come across to someone who didn't know how the sources were connected. The atmosphere is consistent and there's real poignancy. Some of the lyrics syncs are literal to the point of being distracting. Also, what's with the interlacing?
15. Well cast. Too many lip syncs are on static images. Comedic elements are much stronger toward the end of the vid.
16. Needs more internal sync.... Irrelevant bonus comment: The song is describing a super bully, not a super villain.
17. Cheap effects well timed. Too much of the action is up close to really seem dynamic, and there are no other scenes. Great way to make me not care.
18. Nice screen saver. I like it, but AMV it is not.
19. Makes me happy. Highly apropos.
20. Expressions are so perfect. I don't see how the concept could have been executed better.
21. I liked it. Really like the song, and the song seems well suited to the anime. Beginning is a bit too slow, but its good to see an action AMV that is slow enough to actually process.
22. Nice PSA, but violins are not tubas, I think you may want to avail yourself of a book on instruments, if only there was somewhere you could go to borrow one...
23. Action-schmaction some syncs are perfect some aren't.
24. Maybe if your 23rd pair of chromosomes don't match you'll like this. I don't see the appeal. Generic rock song, unconvincing stage-fighting, not enough internal syncs.
25. I don't follow the story. Girl is in India, girl meets lots of boys, girl likes 1 boy, confusion-confusion, happy ending? Very well paced though.
26. I love this video, if I too were a video I might even be in love with it. I read French proficiently, but it would have been polite to translate the opening quote into English for an American con.
27. Its long, some of the lyrics just don't work.
28. A chameleon can focus its eyes independently from each other, I cannot, though this video seems to expect me to. The video game style overlays don't make sense to me, they're kinda distracting, yet that's where most of the sync is.
29. Adeptly edited action. Makes the show look like total eye-candy. Lip sync is unnecessary, confuses which character I'm supposed to associate with the singer. (All of them, just him, him but only for the singing?)
30. Comedic miss. The working scene selections are few and far between. Song was funnier than the editing. Also are Japanese people white now? Tell casting directors. And who does the artist think dominates the rock industry?
31. Kinda looks like it could have been another amv that you doubled the speed on. The speed up often looks weird and the song seemed liked a random choice, but this did make Macross look fun and there are some beautiful transitions.
32. Looks like there's a narrative that I totally fail to follow. Song choice seemed arbitrary.
33. Good sync.
34. I don't like it. I don't get what you were going for, and that bodysuit is not the best look for her, it's not even a good color on her. <-That comment-- more relevant than your song choice.
35. You're sick. I loved it!
36. Editing worked, song made sense.
37. 1 minute set up before the song... So the movie is in widescreen but you took extra shots for the game in a different aspect ratio? The disappearing re-appearing bars bug me. The song choice is really appropriate and the narrative is great.
38. Good story telling, clear chronology. The cuts are well timed, but can be jarring because the eye is drawn to different areas of the screen abruptly after fast edits.
39. Arbitrary scene selection.
40. Um... whoever told you that two obnoxious songs are better than one? Erg... The editing is good, aside from a few questionable choices & poor lip syncs, but the first song is annoying and the second fills me with visceral loathing.
41. Lip sync was thrown in for reasons unknown. The song changes for reasons unknown. I didn't get what you were going for I guess.
42. Best chance to use rofl as a pun, but I'll pass. Really cute. One of my favorites.
43. Lip-flap. Scene selection alternates between cute and random. Kinda seems like a WIP.
44. "What the Christ" & "Animals rule this land" segments worked, nothing else made sense.
45. The sound effects & editing match perfectly. Its the kind of game I don't want to play and the type of movie that I don't want to see, but as an AMV it's solid.
46. I have seen too much TV Noise effects in these videos and you Sir or Madam (probably Sir), contributed to the problem.
47. I don't understand the narration if there there was any. I didn't understand many lyrics. I saw a girl commit suicide and then heard "perfect day".... um WTF? Musical sync is fine, but couldn't save the work as a whole. Should have gone with Lou Reed.
48. Great pairing. Scene selection is amazing in the beginning, and fairly strong through the end.
49. Painful strobing in the beginning. Seriously, who could expect a fair score after inflicting pain your judges? It was a really sweet ending though, and effective editing other than the torturous strobe, & the creepy intimacy that seems to be between a child & an adult.
50. This is a parody of something I hadn't heard of before looking it up, and I didn't bother to watch. It looks like a decent opening to something or other.
51. Cute concept. Long song, which could have been cut. Quality varied. There is some choppiness (for example in the bear-claw scene) in the editing. Obviously a lot of work was put into this video, but it wasn't enough for a consistent product.... but it's really fun.
52. I understand why you paired this song & source, but I don't feel like it's enough to carry the video. The terrible singing and creepy acting combine to make a very unlikable character, which does not seem intentional.
53. Terrible video quality. Appropriate pairing, cute but not overly funny.
54. Epic instrumental + epic looking scenes randomly strung together. I don't feel like I saw purposeful editing.
55. Song is funnier than most of the editing. There are a lot of scenes that are too static, some of the scene selection is good, but it's hit and miss. AMV should just end after "That was the night I fought Rocky." If some of the injury details were cut it would also help. Plus there is a weird line down the right hand side & a watermark!
56. This seems like two videos. An action video that is really adeptly edited, but essentially meaningless, and a confused/confusing drama/romanace with 3 couples; a+b b+c & c+d. It's very pretty though.
I could identify the editors of 17 videos because they've already been "published" online. With 3 representing the score I'd give to an average AMV contest finalist the mean score I gave these videos is 3.25 (I'm too lazy to find a SD.)
I enjoyed these video more than my comments seem to indicate, I guess it's easier to point out flaws in super-short critique.