AVISYNTH ON LION [F my life]

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
TEKnician
Org Profile

AVISYNTH ON LION [F my life]

Post by TEKnician » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:42 am

I have Mac OSX Lion 10.7.1

Heres the situation:
I have downloaded and installed crossover
I have downloaded amvapp 2.1 via the link from Kionon's guide
WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK THE .exe (which now has the crossover icon over it like how its supposed to) CROSSOVER POPS UP AND POPS OUT.

I'm a mac guy, always have been always will. But Lion is just too damn annoying with its non-backwards compatibility with previous software crap. I have settled for the Handbrake/MacTheRipper 3 duo which works fine, but quality isn't as crisp as i'd like to have by means of what avisynth can give. Not even MPEG Streamclip will work because the mpeg2 component can't even be friggin installed! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON FCP 7 NOT BEING PRODUCED ANYMORE

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I WORK FOR APPLE, YET I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE HELL WE DID THOSE THINGS

All i NEED is my DVDs to be converted to 720x400 in whatever kine container (cuz at least Perian works) in the best quality i can make them WITHOUT having to Avisynth (if possible).

PLZ HELP
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Re: AVISYNTH ON LION [F my life]

Post by gotenks794 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 pm

If you don't want Avisynth, use this guide for the most part: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 65&t=95015

The program you need is called Avidemux
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:25 pm

IMO, CrossOver is really just a rip-off. There's nothing integral in the AMVapp that can't be run by Wine or supplemented by natively-built OSX applications.

And I know from personal experience that WineBottler, the next recommended solution, has issues with system integration. WineBottler has a nice menu that comes with it, but it's a bitch to get stuff 'bottled' correctly and it doesn't even recognize proper PATH arguments (and also seems much more finicky about running some programs correctly). Maybe CrossOver is better on that front, but like I said, there's nothing absolutely necessary in the AMVapp that Wine or other native apps can't handle, and doing it that way you save $40 (or more).

Installing under normal Wine is addressed here, along with a solution for getting DGIndex and VirtualDub set up as .apps:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 5&t=104633

(Xcode is also available through the App Store, for Lion users)
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:17 pm

gotenks794 wrote: The program you need is called Avidemux
That was the FIRST thing i tried to run on my Mac the day i got it (BTW, my mac came with lion pre-installed) but it DOESNT WORK!
The_TEKnician wrote:f my life
I miss my penguin...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Read this: http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php?topic=9420.0 Specifically reply #10
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Return to “Mac Software”