Which Editing Program Should I Use??

LordNog
Org Profile

Which Editing Program Should I Use??

Post by LordNog » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Okay, so right now I'm just using Microsoft MovieMaker because it's free and easy to use. But now I want to upgrade and take it to the next level with effects and such. So forum, which editing program do you think is the best for the money?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Which Editing Program Should I Use??

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm

LordNog wrote:Okay, so right now I'm just using Microsoft MovieMaker because it's free and easy to use. But now I want to upgrade and take it to the next level with effects and such. So forum, which editing program do you think is the best for the money?

This is completely suggestive. :/

Everyone is going to have something different to say about which editing program they like the best.

Most popular editing programs have free demos available that you can play with for about 30 days or so.

Check out Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas and Magix.

Adobe Premiere would be the most advanced with the ability to use programs such as After Effects along side it. Vegas is made for more simplistic editing but can pull off some nice effects if proper time and dedication is spent on it. As for Magix, I've always considered it a middle ground between Vegas and Premiere. It's interface is more like Premiere but without the easy integration of After Effects that is offered with the Adobe software, it takes on a Vegas approach where effects are possible but not as accessible.

Magix is the cheapest.
Both Vegas and Premiere come at pretty high price tags and buying the full CS*insertnumberyouwant* suite from Adobe will bring the price tag up much higher.

Once more, everything above is my opinion and completely suggestive. As will be 99.9% of the responses you receive that are not pony picture spam.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Also, replace everytime I said "suggestive" with subjective.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Yue pretty much hit it perfectly on the head. :up:

The only thing I might offer outside of her advice is that you might download the trial versions of all the software and see which ones you enjoyed working with the most.

Oh, and check out youtube clips to get tips on how to edit with them if you get stuck while learning. I know that Corsair has done some pretty neat tutorials with After Effects. But remember that "playing" with the software is generally the best way to learn [or at least how I see it].

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 pm

CodeZTM wrote: The only thing I might offer outside of her advice is that you might download the trial versions of all the software and see which ones you enjoyed working with the most.

Radical_Yue wrote: Most popular editing programs have free demos available that you can play with for about 30 days or so.

I win.

*falls over from exhaustion*

LordNog
Org Profile

Post by LordNog » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Haha, thanks guys. And yeah, suggestive is what I'm looking for. I want to know which program you guys enjoyed using the most and what you enjoyed most about it. I could've thumbed through any forum to hear what you just told me about Adobe Premeire, Magix and Vegas, and have. I just wanted to get you guys' hands on opinion haha. Sorry, I should've been more specific.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Haha. Sorry Yue, I should have read that more carefully. XD

Anyway, if you want my opinon, I've played with all three software, and I personally like Premier Pro the best. It's easy to drag/drop stuff on the timeline, and I feel like you can place/edit footage much easier than Vegas does, and the settings are very easy to change. That being said, I've heard the exact opposite from Vegas editors, who say Vegas does that a lot easier than Premier Pro.

In the end, you can't go wrong with any of them. :D

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:45 pm

When I'm using a PC to edit (rarely) I like to use Magix. It's a bit limiting compared to more Pro software, but it's so easy to use. Although maybe that's just me, because I'm a Final Cut user, and I find the Magix interface to be the most similar.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:38 am

use imovie but install it on a pc

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

Skittles was done in Magix, was it not? Also, FCPX is probably best avoided until Apple gets their head out of their ass...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Return to “Video Editing Software”