AWA 2011 Pro Video Discussion Thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2011 Pro Video Discussion Thread

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 am

I thought the term "blind" meant "you don't know who made it", not "judge it privately without making public comment" - what does blind judging have to do with the tone of the comments? As long as you're not outing someone as the creator, it'll still be blind judging.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 am

Quu wrote:Please remember that this is supposed to be blind. Please respect the other creators and their videos.
As much as i respect you, the is not the awa site and also this is not a official thread. I'm not flaming on purpose but i also won't hold back my thought when some entry really annoys me. Thats all. /me starts watching.

Also... thanks for the streaming opportunity. [EDIT] damn just smaller downloads ... never mind
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I thought the term "blind" meant "you don't know who made it", not "judge it privately without making public comment" - what does blind judging have to do with the tone of the comments? As long as you're not outing someone as the creator, it'll still be blind judging.
exactly that... please don't out someone as the creator... even if it is you self... that was my reminder about the blind judging.

and Cenit... i am not enforcing anything in this thread. I don't own this forum, nor am I a moderator... it is up to amvorg to decide that... my request was just that... a request. This is a public(ish) forum and what you do hear is outside of my control, as it should be.
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 am

Cenit wrote:Also... thanks for the streaming opportunity. [EDIT] damn just smaller downloads ... never mind
the streaming will be available during the actual voting (probably just during the final phase, due to the amount of space required on the page)...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:54 am

I won't be offended by reviews of my video, although it's probably because I know just about everything people are going to say. I wish I would have had more time to fix all the problems in my video, but oh well, it's completed and I've moved on, haha.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:37 am

I did the naruto video.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:14 pm

macchinainterna was being rude/disrespectful? >_>

I thought he was downright cheery.... :shock:

Besides, this is the Pro category so I think editors are almost expecting the criticism to be more extreme and detailed. Hell, I would almost be insulted if someone came through and said "EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL! I VOTE FOR EVERYONE YAAAAY!"

I mean, it's a competition. There are good videos and bad videos. It's a fact of life. To say that a video that has a ton of work put into is just as good as a video with no editing set to a 3kps pop song, in an attempt to "make everyone happy," is more disrespectful and rude than anything else

I mean, there is a pretty big difference in being rude and saying "This is fucking terrible. I hope you die and your children get eaten by rabid cows and then your dog gets hit by a car." (in a serious way) and "I didn't like it. The beginning was pretty good but once it hit the second chorus is got really sloppy and lazy. Sorry man, it was just turned into a mess D:"

Just sayin' |:>

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Radical_Yue wrote: ... "This is fucking terrible. I hope you die and your children get eaten by rabid cows and then your dog gets hit by a car."

I was just about to say that
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 pm

SailorDeath wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote: ... "This is fucking terrible. I hope you die and your children get eaten by rabid cows and then your dog gets hit by a car."

I was just about to say that

I was waiting for the terrible jokes using that line to start. :P However, I thought that it would end up in someone's video review...
You rushed it and now it looks lazy.

2/5

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Radical_Yue wrote: I was waiting for the terrible jokes using that line to start. :P However, I thought that it would end up in someone's video review...
You rushed it and now it looks lazy.

2/5
FUCK
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Return to “AMV Contests”