YGO DVDs That Aren't Bootleg or $400 For A Season?

Kira_Douji
Org Profile

YGO DVDs That Aren't Bootleg or $400 For A Season?

Post by Kira_Douji » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Why is it so impossible to find the Duel Monsters series without buying bootleg from China or dealing with season listing on Amazon for 300-400 dollars?! What the heck is this?

Does anyone have any suggestions for acquiring the legit original YGO series (1-224) for a reasonable amount? Dub/Sub doesn't matter - all I want is decent footage.

_-_
ImageImage

uncreative
Org Profile

Re: YGO DVDs That Aren't Bootleg or $400 For A Season?

Post by uncreative » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:37 am

Well, that kind of pricing screams "out of print" in giant, flashing letters. My ADV copies of the Shinkai movies have similar price points for new. However, my cursory glance at Amazon did show a lot of DVDs for individual duels or something, and those were priced much more reasonably. If you have a clear idea what you want, that might be worth trying.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Netflicks has about half of the DVDs available for rent.

Kira_Douji
Org Profile

Post by Kira_Douji » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Orly? I'll have to look into netflix for some of it then. That's clearly the cheapest option so far.

The problem with Amazon is that other than the ridiculous new pricing... pretty much everything else is bootleg. It's pretty hard to find even certain duels amidst the pile of crud.
ImageImage

AnimeDudde
Org Profile

Post by AnimeDudde » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Some of the bootlegs are pretty good quality are they not? I have the first set that has episodes 1-32 and the quality is really good. Subtitles are whack but the footage is crisp.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 pm

AnimeDudde wrote:Some of the bootlegs are pretty good quality are they not? I have the first set that has episodes 1-32 and the quality is really good. Subtitles are whack but the footage is crisp.
you have missed the point entirely.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kira_Douji
Org Profile

Post by Kira_Douji » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I think they were replying to my comment on video quality being my foremost concern. If the bootlegs have good quality and that's all that's available, well, then that's good to know, as I was assuming they were crud.
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Kira_Douji wrote:I think they were replying to my comment on video quality being my foremost concern. If the bootlegs have good quality and that's all that's available, well, then that's good to know, as I was assuming they were crud.
The people selling bootlegs aren't doing any work themselves. They're reselling fansubs. If the quality is your only concern, don't give those fuckers money, get them from the same source THEY got them from in the first place. And kindly keep it to yourself as per the forum rules.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kira_Douji
Org Profile

Post by Kira_Douji » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Okay, most of the fansubs are either crap quality or just flat out not downloadable, but I do have the best quality I could find for them, which is why I was trying to acquire the series otherwise. Also, I'm not breaking any rules. I might well be skirting them, but I'm sure as hell not breaking them, so kindly back off. My reply was solely to make AnimeDudde feel less jumped on for attempting to help. There's no reason to get yourself in a tizzy from the two of us simply commenting on the known state of the series. Otherwise known as fact.
ImageImage

Return to “General Anime”