OrgEditor Finals [We Ask Everyone to Come and Vote!]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: OrgEditor Finals [We Ask Everyone to Come and Vote!]

Post by Ileia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 am

gotenks794 wrote:Video #A - 7 points
Video 1 - 6 points

Perhaps I'm a bit harsh, but neither of these lived up to last years finals (coughRAHHEYcough). Although, I'm fairly certain I know whose is whose, which I suppose is a good thing given the theme for the round...

Didn't live up to any of the finals from last year or didn't live up to ONE video from last year?

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 am

Ileia wrote:
Video 1 - 6 points

Perhaps I'm a bit harsh, but neither of these lived up to last years finals (coughRAHHEYcough). Although, I'm fairly certain I know whose is whose, which I suppose is a good thing given the theme for the round...

Didn't live up to any of the finals from last year or didn't live up to ONE video from last year?
Well mainly that video, but also some of the other videos in last years competition, as well as this years (non finals). I just thought that both of you can produce better, more entertaining videos.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am

Both videos - 8 points. I can't pick a favourite and I felt like both of them had their own unique aspects and styles plus I can't really find any major flaws that would make me give it a lower score than an 8. [Maybe I'm just a really nice person XD]

Video #A
I really like the concept in this one. It gives off a nice feel-good mood and I like the way you had the character/editor blend in with the anime she'd editing with. The editing is clean and simple but has great flow. :up:

Video #1
This one made me smile. It has a great upbeat atmosphere and again the editing is very clean and simple but that's what makes it great and easy to watch. :up:
Video 1 - 6 points

I get what you mean about this because RAH HEY! was certainly one of the best AMVs from last year's contest but you can't always expect editors to come up with super great ideas on the spot. I think they made the best use of what they can do within the time limit. They might not be awesome videos but they're still great videos.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 am

CodeZTM wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:

Is it bad that I laughed really hard at that and almost woke up Kisanzi? >>;;

Also, I haven't watched the videos yet, but this method of "voting" is really bothering me...

As long as you know how to do addition or at least have a calculator on hand, the suspense of "WHO WILL WIN?!" is totally lost.
Plus, it's incredibly easy to look and say "Oh hay, *insert video here* is falling behind. I want that one to win. *creates a couple accounts to give all 10 score to one video and 1s to another* YAY!"
You know that the audience vote only makes up 10 damn points of the total score for this one round score, right? And it's averaged, so they can't get more than 10 points. >:/

My apologies :P It was still rather early and I'm not a morning person, so when I read it so I didn't catch the fact that it was only 10 points and being averaged.

So sorry Mr. AngryPants

I'll make sure to not post my thoughts anymore (especially the sleep deprived tired ones)

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:20 am

Video A - Sevendy bazillion points. (10)
Video 1 - Sixty-ninebazillion points. (9)

Seriously, that was a close call. I just can't get over how catchy and well done A is. I watched it 3 or 4 times.

/goes back to lurking

imp
Org Profile

Post by imp » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 pm

I find it rather hard to vote, both videos are quite awesome and well made in my eyes, but I don't want to give both the same number.

Video A: 9
Video 1: 8 (.9999)
Finally complete and up-to-date:
http://amv.impdevelopment.eu

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Video 1: 7 - cute fun upbeat, nice cookies in the background that don't overwhelm the video. I've never seen the source so I've no emotional connection to the context, but decent lyric sync.

Video A: 9 - I LOVE the concept. Not huge on the song, but the concept is really what sold this on me. Good job. Also I suppose knowing more of the sources made this more fun for me.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:35 pm

I couldn't choose a winner. Both videos had their own unique shine.

Video A: 8
Video 1: 8
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:40 pm

I am gonna have to vote for #A :)

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:42 pm

woops. forgot to use the number thing.

A = 9.9
1= 8

there we go. Plus my first post didnt really get to say that i enjoyed the second video, which I did. But I feel A took the win here.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”