AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by moonbunnychan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 am

It's kind of a shame the only time everybody was there was Sat night at the showing and we couldn't get a group picture or something. I think next year I'll come Thursday by myself, trying to be between two tables didn't work all that well for me :sweat: .
Also sorry about my entire giant entourage of people showing up with me to the screening and wanting to sit with me X_x

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 am

Sorry, all. Hit compression issues. I'll have it up tomorrow afternoon. I'll again have to PM each of you individually with the link, for the same reason at last year.

Edit:

Okay, videos PMed to everyone who has been active recently. Miko, moonbunnychan, kirablue, warlike swans, deuce, SammySama, and Angelyco. If I've forgotten anyone, let me know.
ImageImageImage

krvabo
Org Profile

Post by krvabo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks for the reaction video! It's nicely done this way as you're able to see everything very well.

I was glad to see my trollface death note clip really hit, especially at the 'Problem?' bit. I lolled @ Wrench Knife, eventhough I've seen it at least twice already.

I prefer watching the reaction video to the original video, you get the urge to laugh along :)
ImageImageImage

kei07
Org Profile

Post by kei07 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:06 pm

When/where will this be available to download? I missed the first few min at Otakon. I'd love to get it.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah, the recording went far better than I had hoped across the board. I love my little camera. Not only was the picture very clear and mostly white balanced, unlike last year, but the audio was great too. I was trying to keep it stable on my knee, but again I was chuckling quite a lot so it still jumps a bit, so sorry about that ^^

Captpan6 was very happy with the reaction too. Actually he and I spoke about using more clips potentially, so he'll contribute more than just one, as well as a couple other of my favorite youtube poopers potentially allowing some of theirs. The problem is, of course, by the nature of their clips, all their source footage is youtube, so I'd have to up-res all of it, which can get tedious, but I love their stuff, so if they allow me to use some good ones I'm all for it.
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm

I feel I should mention something, actually. Scott mentioned he was rather annoyed at the fact that most of the Salad crew ended up leaving after Salad. He's trying very hard to generate a sense of community among fanparody creators (much like the abridged groups seem to have) in an effort to really get the parodies to the next level. It's tough considering the diversity of the creators and how things don't quite have a unification like the abridged series, but he was understandably a bit perturbed by so many creators leaving en masse. I know you had entourages, as did I, so so many people was more visual than it appeared to be ^^ My friends end up wanting to do other things as well many years, but I just wanted to reiterate that Scott's really doing a lot to try and make fanparodies more than just an Otakon thing, and constantly improve it overall, and he really needs help to do it. So so many creators leaving so early made him feel quite bad.

That said though, Deuce, your involvement in Redeath was great :D Never figured Excalibur dancing to the Gendo pimp theme would work, but it definitely did.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Liquid refreshment ;) usually helps.
I was exhausted by the end of Sailor Moon Abridged so I had to leave and pass out.
As far as Friday night, I also had a panel to prepare for (I pulled in around 1000 people :awesome: ).
And, after viewing the reactions, AMVS went over better than I remember.
I still miss the impact of a lead-in clip and the immediacy of the attention-grabbing end clip.
Like this year's end was kind of slow and quiet while last year's was more connected to the rest of the project and held everyone's attention, incited a reaction, and maintained it through to the "announcement."
We need to remember these things for next year. ;)
Overall, it wasn't *quite* what last year was but having to top yourself every year becomes more difficult so I think next year is gonna be quite amazing.
Oh...and here:

Down front is me, far right is moonbunnychan, and center rear is Gael flanked by (corrected) his friends, Cody and Troy.
Gael, CurryMuttonPizza, the duo of Warlike Swans, and Scott.
Last edited by Squancho on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Code was at Otakon?! Bummer, I would have loved to meet him in person.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Angelyco wrote:Code was at Otakon?! Bummer, I would have loved to meet him in person.
same here.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Hehe, no, Deuce has it wrong. Cody and Troy, the others in the above picture, are my friends and beta testers whom I run my ideas through. They're not actual creators (yet). Troy is the progenitor of the Chobits car alarm idea after I said "I want to use a car alarm for something" and he just waited a second and said "Chobits?" and then I made it ^^ I've yelled at them for a couple years now to get off their butts and do some editing themselves, and this year they may finally attempt it. But they always accompany me to Otakon. Scott in his zealous interest in expanding fanparodies gave them badges, which actually may have helped, since Cody was like "Hmm... I have to earn this now."
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”