Re: SemiFinal Results

Post by NS » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 pm

;P

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:While, conversely, I've seen buckets and there are plenty I'd give a 100 rating to that are currently on my list. So you and I are viewing the "100" from a different angle, apparently. If I was going to score it from a purely objective front, then yeah, okay, I could do something like ".5 points subtracted for missing the beat on that scene by 1/3rd of a second". But that's not how I score. I take everything into account in a more global way, and globally that Hellsing vid scored a 100 from me.
Just a note, that "globally" usually means "objectively" if I am not mistaken :> So I am not sure how to take that last sentence, sorry, care to explain?

But somehow, I expected something like that. In fact, I expected the "I give the best score in each category to the best performer of given category and the others get percentage according to their relative performance in that given category", which would've worked fine too. (Oh, your system works fine if it works for you, not that it's not!)

And on a side not, I am not that nitpicky as in your example D: I know many people who are way harsher in such scoring than me. I am just demanding - on others as well as on myself.
"Globally" maybe isn't the right word choice, then. What I meant is that although I do look at the separate parts (sync, scene choice, things like lip flap (a particular peeve of mine) adherence to the theme, creativity, song/anime choice), what often makes a larger impact for me is how the video as a whole hits me. Whether or not it has that certain "je ne sais quoi", which isn't quantifiable, and therefore--for me--is purely subjective, not objective. And in that case, I don't quibble with points here and there, I score it how I feel it. Is that any clearer?

And I'm not being defensive, just trying to explain myself a bit better. I have a feeling I might have been one of the "dark horse" judges (as in, "wtf is she doing being a judge?" :awesome:), so I'm just trying to explain my thought processes a bit. Or lack thereof. :awesome:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:While, conversely, I've seen buckets and there are plenty I'd give a 100 rating to that are currently on my list. So you and I are viewing the "100" from a different angle, apparently. If I was going to score it from a purely objective front, then yeah, okay, I could do something like ".5 points subtracted for missing the beat on that scene by 1/3rd of a second". But that's not how I score. I take everything into account in a more global way, and globally that Hellsing vid scored a 100 from me.
Just a note, that "globally" usually means "objectively" if I am not mistaken :> So I am not sure how to take that last sentence, sorry, care to explain?

But somehow, I expected something like that. In fact, I expected the "I give the best score in each category to the best performer of given category and the others get percentage according to their relative performance in that given category", which would've worked fine too. (Oh, your system works fine if it works for you, not that it's not!)

And on a side not, I am not that nitpicky as in your example D: I know many people who are way harsher in such scoring than me. I am just demanding - on others as well as on myself.
"Globally" maybe isn't the right word choice, then. What I meant is that although I do look at the separate parts (sync, scene choice, things like lip flap (a particular peeve of mine) adherence to the theme, creativity, song/anime choice), what often makes a larger impact for me is how the video as a whole hits me. Whether or not it has that certain "je ne sais quoi", which isn't quantifiable, and therefore--for me--is purely subjective, not objective. And in that case, I don't quibble with points here and there, I score it how I feel it. Is that any clearer?

And I'm not being defensive, just trying to explain myself a bit better. I have a feeling I might have been one of the "dark horse" judges (as in, "wtf is she doing being a judge?" :awesome:), so I'm just trying to explain my thought processes a bit. Or lack thereof. :awesome:
It's clearer a lot, many thanks :wink:
NS wrote:somebody sounds butthurt.
Of course I do, I wanted to use Shinkai in semis and decided against it because of what some judges said in previous rounds. And I wanted to win, so I used different source ;x

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Of course I do, I wanted to use Shinkai in semis and decided against it because of what some judges said in previous rounds.
Yea that's bullshit. You shouldn't have to not use something because of bad judges. A good judge wouldn't remove points because you used a particular source (same for giving points as well).

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Now I re-read it again and feel stupid, since it wasn't judge who pointed out use of 5cm >.>

Still, it doesn't help... I have my own opinion about it and won't probably use 5cm in any contest which is important for me. Unless I have like ZOMGTHISDOESN'TWORKWITHANYTHINGELSEANDIT'SSOEPIC idea.

Casual editing ftw.

Yeah.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Now I re-read it again and feel stupid, since it wasn't judge who pointed out use of 5cm >.>
Actually a judge did in round 4.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:Now I re-read it again and feel stupid, since it wasn't judge who pointed out use of 5cm >.>
Actually a judge did in round 4.
I can only find a statement by MystykAMV, who AFAIK is not a judge. Sadly I cannot check spreadsheets with comments, because it has been overwritten with semis stuff, apparently.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Would anyone mind telling me which amv Chiisus did a parody of ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Would anyone mind telling me which amv Chiisus did a parody of ?
I posted it in the "Semi-finals Videos" thread. Chiisus AMV was video #3 and was a recreation of Clash
kireblue wrote:It took me a lot of effort and google searches to find the original for these videos. The Chillout and Odorikuruu recreations were the only ones that I immediately recognized.

anyway, here is a list of the originals

Video #1 Video #2 Video #3 Video #4 Video # 6 Now I just gotta finish judging them before I leave out to the airport.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”