Sony Pro 9 Freezing/crashing

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Kairi13Sora
Org Profile

Sony Pro 9 Freezing/crashing

Post by Kairi13Sora » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:30 am

Hi, so I'm having some trouble with Vegas Pro 9.0e 32 bit. My friend suggested this forum to me & i absolutely love it. I read through most of the other Vegas problems to maybe find an answer to vegas...but I came up with nothing. Let me tell you some history/what i have heard & tried.

I have windows Vista computer only a year old & can hold both 32 bit & 64 bit. I first had Sony Pro 8 and I used that for a year until the preview screen went crazy and I couldn't re-install it. So, I, after numerous attempts, finally got Pro 9 to download and install. So, I use .WMV videos of KHR, not HD just plain tv quality, and after I put in more than 3, Vegas wants to freeze, whether it being in importing or actual beginning to work w/ those clips. So i saved the media & tried to open it back up. After it loads and i start to click on one thing, it wants to freeze. There, that is the most of it, ask if you need more info but here is what im going to tell you I have tried.

1. Re-installing - multiple times.
2. Vegas Pro 9 64 bit - i lost my new blue fx & spicemaster...also, it happened again
3. Sony Pro 10 - someone told me to do that...but ugh...I didn't have a windows pack thingy?
4. Changing to .AVIs - the only thing is the audio...I don't understand the codecs & I'm really afraid that after I go through all that, it'll still freeze, since i know some are HD clips.
5. cleaning out registry - no. that didn't work.
6. compatibility - i tried this: "Under properties I went to compatibility. Under compatibility , I checked run this program under windows xp service pack 2, after word I turned off User account control."
---
What I'm doing now.
1. AMVs in one go at least - i don't have time for that...especially when school starts up
2. Rendering parts/adding effects - I don't like that...I save effects for last. besides, i don't know if i loose quality every time i do it...

So, yeah that's my issue & it would be nice for any help/advice you can give~

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Sony Pro 9 Freezing/crashing

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Don't use .wmv, use lossless avis. Feeding your editor wmv is a fast way to break something.

And don't use Pro 9 Stick with 8 or 10, 9 is the most buggy out of the three.

For more detail on lossless avis and such: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/

Kairi13Sora
Org Profile

Post by Kairi13Sora » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:56 pm

S-Souka...Arigato~

Guess...I'll have to try & get Pro 8 back or find a way to get Pro 10 :) Also, I'll read the guide & try lossless .AVIs. I think I read enough from others about the .avi files to figure that part out on my own~ I'll try it all tomorrow morning~ or at least sections at a time~

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:And don't use Pro 9 Stick with 8 or 10, 9 is the most buggy out of the three.
Out of curiosity: do you speak from experience or have you read about that somewhere?

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Kosmit wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:And don't use Pro 9 Stick with 8 or 10, 9 is the most buggy out of the three.
Out of curiosity: do you speak from experience or have you read about that somewhere?
Both :>

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm

8 was always buggy for my under WinXP. So was 9. 10 seemed a little better, but also seemed slower.

I'm back to 8.0c under Win7 (32 and 64) and not buggy at all. I think MAYBE it has crashed once, also maybe an undo error. Maybe.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Grrrrrrrr. no edit button here.

Not buggy EXCEPT that my "Preview in Player" can't render in Ut, and the regular "Render" can't do Lagarith. On either version windows 7, two machines. I dunno why.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Kosmit wrote:
Both :>
Well shit. I'm currently using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0d on my Win 7 machine... The upgrade price to Vegas Pro 10 gives me a headache since it's higher than the amount I paid for my copy of Vegas in the first place >.>

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Kosmit wrote:Well shit. I'm currently using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0d on my Win 7 machine... The upgrade price to Vegas Pro 10 gives me a headache since it's higher than the amount I paid for my copy of Vegas in the first place >.>
Well, it's like case to case, so if it works for you then there's no reason to switch, I suppose ^^;;

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:33 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:Well, it's like case to case, so if it works for you then there's no reason to switch, I suppose ^^;;
Unfortunately it crashes at random moments :/ Oh well, I'll have to live with it.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”