Mkv to Avi?

f0xySn1p3r
Org Profile

Mkv to Avi?

Post by f0xySn1p3r » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Okay so i'v been video editing for a while now but.....i'v always avoided Mkv files because i can't convert them.....but now i have to because i can only find my clips in Mkv format....can anybody please help? :sweat:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Mkv to Avi?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 am

Buy the DVDs.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

kobuzero
Org Profile

Post by kobuzero » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:12 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Buy the DVDs.
Not everyone has the money to buy DVD's.
~ Kobu Zero ~
The Pink Fursuit Apparatus
Zero Productions Website - http://kobuzero.webs.com/

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:24 pm

kobuzero wrote:
Nah, that's BS, it's all about finding the right deals. I recently got all of Eden of the East in Blu-ray with free shipping at a convenient 8 eur price... and I am more than positive that anybody can afford that (in case you're wondering, it is NOT a bootleg, but the official release).
Same went for other anime, I got all the DVDs of Last Exile for less than 12 eur in past, to name another.
Sure, they tend to cost a lot when they are new, but if you can wait and find the right discounts, it really is no issue.
Now, japanese prices are another thing... but that's another matter altogether. For stuff that is licensed, price hardly is a real issue.

kobuzero
Org Profile

Post by kobuzero » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:45 pm

mirkosp wrote:
kobuzero wrote:
Nah, that's BS, it's all about finding the right deals. I recently got all of Eden of the East in Blu-ray with free shipping at a convenient 8 eur price... and I am more than positive that anybody can afford that (in case you're wondering, it is NOT a bootleg, but the official release).
Same went for other anime, I got all the DVDs of Last Exile for less than 12 eur in past, to name another.
Sure, they tend to cost a lot when they are new, but if you can wait and find the right discounts, it really is no issue.
Now, japanese prices are another thing... but that's another matter altogether. For stuff that is licensed, price hardly is a real issue.
When you have 0 dollars of any sort to your name, like me, I'd say you don't have the money to buy DVD's lol.
~ Kobu Zero ~
The Pink Fursuit Apparatus
Zero Productions Website - http://kobuzero.webs.com/

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 am

How can you afford internet then? Stop making amvs and get a job.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:58 pm

lol geez, all of ye need to stop trollin' and just help the poor chap out.

ontopic: Look up WinMEnc. That's what I use.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Run out to your sidewalk and play "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 and just start humping the air. Someone will give you at least 20 bucks for that. Use it to get yourself something nice :mrgreen:

P.S. RIGHTSTUF.COM for all the anime you need at the price you want. DVD volumes for 3 bucks, chap. Jolly good, jolly good!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Geirr
Org Profile

Post by Geirr » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 pm

I am terribly sorry, but this forum is getting almost as useless as Linux lists were about 5 years ago. Everyone there were hard-core, professional programmers who knew everything, and is someone asked a question equivalent to "How do you drag-n-drop an MKV into a normal editing program so you can start mixing clips and get on with your project?" he was pretty much skewered by the know-it-alls, mostly ignored, or supplied with an answer only a developer could understand: "... and then just recompile your whole kernal and you're done... IT'S EASY" they would say.

I can ALMOST get the job done using AVIDEMUX. You can drag drop mkv's into it (no luck with the new Hi10p stuff though) and it will open them cleanly and strip off the subtitles, but:

a) You are on your own (i.e, there's no coherent instructions for) if you want to KEEP the subtitles, and
b) if you multiply the number of output format options times the possible configuration per output option you get an exponential number of guess-and-trys so that personally I would probably be retired before I stumble upon the right way to output to a decent old uncompressed AVI that I can then drag-n-drop into Virtual Dub or Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and just get going.

Try AVIDEMUX and see if you can get at least partially there...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:13 am

No sir, the point isn't that, because reading one of the other thousand topics with the same question in which I tell them to use ffvideosource and to Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a> if they don't understand would have worked without opening a new one.
The point is that this hobby is already at risk, and we should definitely try to be less arses about it and more willing to chip in money if we want to show that AMVs aren't just dangerous since we actually buy stuff. If we just go on and show that we download our sources and don't buy anything, we'll get to the point where AMVers = Pirates and we can say goodbye for any hope of tolerance for our hobby.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”