still having Ut Video issues

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

still having Ut Video issues

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:22 am

So I am finally getting to work on another video, and still want to use Ut to edit with.

I spent last couple days at home working, and all seemed to be going well using the 9.0.0 version (32bit)
Windows 7 64bit, Sony Vegas Pro 32bit.

I had installed the 64bit version, but Vegas would not list it (I assume because it is 32 bit), so I uninstalled it and put in the 32bit.

Now I go to work, where I have Win7 32bit, Sony Vegas and the 9.0.0 32bit Ut Video. I can playback all of the Ut clips I made at home, I can load them into Vegas no problem. I can render them in any codec, except Ut Video. When I try to play the file I get a "Com Surrogate" error.

Have rebooted work PC, uninstalled/re-installed my codec pack and the Ut codec. No changes.

Ideas? Or am I stuck outputting lagarith at work? (no problem using them, just slower playback while working).
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: still having Ut Video issues

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:28 am

Lets separate these into two different issues... lets start with the home one.

What is your current setup and what isn't working? If you're using 32bit software, everything that software uses, like codecs, need to be 32bit as well. Or, is it working now?

Work:

Uninstall any and all other codecs/codec packs that might be installed. This includes ffdshow. Restart the computer and then reinstall 32bit UTVideo. Also, what video player are you using to view the videos and are you using thumbnail or other media views when navigating the file structure? change it to list view if you are.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 am

Home PC all works fine. 64bit windows, 32bit Vegas and codec.

Work PC 32bit windows, vegas and codec. Have rebooted, uninstalled re-installed codec pack (K-Lite Full) and 9.0.0. 32bit Ut Video (same as home).

MediaPlayer Classic for playback, Windows Media Player won't play (rendered on work PC) Ut videos either. Ut videos rendered at HOME play fine on work PC.

My plan now is to simply render lagarith at work.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am

uninstall that k-lite crap.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

Been using K-Lite for years, see no reason to stop now just because one PC has a glitch of some sort.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Pwolf wrote:uninstall that k-lite crap.
The suggestion was made that I should "uninstall that K-Lite crap" and at first I saw no reason since I've used K-Lite for ages and did uninstall and install latest (no help).

Then I discovered that I ALSO could not render and use Lagarith files. The files themselves work, but Vegas only shows black with them. :evil:

So I uninstalled Ut, Lagarith and K-Lite and installed latest CCCP pack. Now it seems I can use Ut, but still not lagarith! :roll:

*sigh*

This hobby's gonna kill me yet.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 pm

ok... uninstall ALL codecs and codec packs... then ONLY install UTVideo... test it.

then, uninstall UTVideo and ONLY install lagarith. test it.

if both work by themselves then install ONLY utvideo and lagarith. Then test it. Then report back and we go from there.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:12 pm

1) At this point I'm inclined to leave it as it is. I can work on my current project, and I'd hate to mess that up.

2) It IS a work PC, so less risk of borking it is a good thing.

3) Work keeps getting in the way of my hobby, taking precious time. You should hear my boss - "Show up, on time, stay awake, do your work and STOP EDITING VIDEO - we do water quality analysis here damnit!"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Video Editing Software”