Otakon 2011!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Otakon 2011!

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

So with only two weeks left to go, I figured now's as good a time as any to ask: who's going to Otakon this year?!

I should also mention that Cyanna and I are both contestants in Otaku Idol this year. Come see us if you get the chance!
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Otakon 2011!

Post by irriadin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm

I will be there! Looking forward to Otakon quite a bit this year. This time, I plan on actually eating on Saturday so that I can get to Iron Editor and not feel like death! Lots of interesting panels this year, including the AMV 101 panel, which I will definitely be attending.
Scintilla wrote:I should also mention that Cyanna and I are both contestants in Otaku Idol this year. Come see us if you get the chance!
Awesome. I might just have to check that out... especially if there's a live rendition of Squid Girl :P

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:19 pm

irriadin wrote:Lots of interesting panels this year, including the AMV 101 panel, which I will definitely be attending.
Well I guess I will see you there...and not know which one you are, lol...You'll see me though, I'll be the guy with the shaggy hair and chin only goatee up there talking like an idot...

Anyone planning a AMV Editor get together or anything fun like that? I've seen that happen at several conventions, always thought something like that would be fun.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:04 pm

I was thinking of doing one again this year, but thanks to the Matsuri going on, there really doesn't feel the need for one Thursday night. If you like, we could do something after Iron Editor's over. Chicago Grill or something.

I, myself, am not sure though, pending on my schedule with friends this year. Haven't submitted a video for three years anyway. Surprised the account's still up.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:33 am

Parodic Productions wrote:I was thinking of doing one again this year, but thanks to the Matsuri going on, there really doesn't feel the need for one Thursday night. If you like, we could do something after Iron Editor's over. Chicago Grill or something.

I, myself, am not sure though, pending on my schedule with friends this year. Haven't submitted a video for three years anyway. Surprised the account's still up.
Otakon schedule is out, AMV 101 conflicting with Iron editor, blah...and then Dubs that Time Forgot is shortly after AMV 101, which I really wanted to go to @_@. If you did have a get together on Saturday after Iron Editor, I wouldn't be able to go, lol...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Cyanna and I also would not be going out anywhere after Iron Editor, as the Saturday night fan parody block starts at 10 PM, and we can't afford to miss the Otakon premiere of:

A new parody by NoN.D.E. Fanfilms, directed by everyone's hero Scott A Melzer, and we've both got parts in it. And it's funny, it's got a coherent plot, AND it's technically amazing.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Anime Conventions”