Project OrgEditor [Round 4 Videos]

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 4 Videos]

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 pm

NS wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
JudgeHolden wrote:#5 was full of so much coolness.
#1 could have rawked, but fell apart (IMHO) when the music picked up.

All in all, gratz to everbody for suffering through this round. I know it must have been tough. :D
Yeah, especially when I got stuck and so we decided to change the audio 48 hours before the deadline |:> Can't thank enough to my partner that he was able to bear with me...
*cough* supposed to be blind *cough*
I haven't said which video was ours - that was more related to the "tough" part of the comment ;x

(of course I won't say 1 or 5 aren't ours... because they MIGHT be :> )

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 pm

MystykAMV wrote:#2 was also good, but not really my kind of song, the beginning could have been nicer
#3 I couldn't watch it till the end, and the quality was bad, it was also boring
*** #1: When I saw the train passing... my expectations rose immediately. Really liked the ending, its unique, but I did end up wishing for something better. (I'm picky)
*** #2: Agreed. Dub-steps don't seem that great to me either. But, eh, if the AMV can make me bear a Dub-step, then the AMV did something right.
*** #3: Didn't have bad quality for me. :/ It was just uncreative, but I'm just guessing that either the partners couldn't agree on a style, so they went with this... or they probably always wanted to do something like that after seeing the original video.
*** #4: I'm sad to admit it, but I like and dislike this one. Ouran didn't fit well, there were some parts that could have been re-done to match the beat and I get a weird feeling about what the overall message is. However, there was really amazing scene choice in it, and some very well timed parts in it as well. But, sadly, it's graded as a whole, and not on little parts.
*** #5: I guess when you focus on presentation rather than timing, it turns out amazing. Basically, even if you haven't seen the anime, you'll end up liking it. Yet, its not totally original, kind of like a "Watch it and tell me if you want to see Madoka Magica after this." At least it ended the competition on a good note. :up:

Basically, an amateurs opinion while borrowing some comments from the other people.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Yeeeaaah.....

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Yeeeaaah.....
Yeaaahhhhh.... always hardcore.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Video #1 - Not bad, but far too slow the whole way. The idea could have worked, but the scene selection never caught up with the song so the video ended up being comprised of cityscapes, people's faces, and people walking.
Video #2 - Half good/Half meh. It was very apparent that the makers of this video divided up the song and never collaborated on a concept or style. The beginning and every other section was beat synced to flow with the song and noises, while the star driver parts dragged to the lyrics and had very little sync.
Video #3 - This one was collaboratively the most scattered. There was odd flow from source to source and the song/concept didn't make for a very entertaining or cohesive video. As Mystik stated, I also couldn't make it to the end of this one.
Video #4 - Basic and random. The basic style of this video made it drag as most of the editing was just hardcutting to the beat and never took advantage of the rest of the music in the song.
Video #5 - Not great but it stands out in the field as the only video that had more editing and collaboration to it. It was a bit short, but I was glad to see one of the pairs pick a song that was less droning and allowed for the editors to break out a bit and have some fun.

I realize the challenge in collaboration and a time constraint, but this round is probably my least favorite round next to the first round. 4 out of the 5 videos took slow and safe stances on the editing choice and yielded some "ok", but very basic and random, videos. As a viewer, I would've liked to have seen the editors have more fun with the editing like in the previous 2 rounds, but I realize the safer choices may have been made due to collaborative restraints. I really hope the last few rounds go back to single person editing where the majority of people can shine again. But still, kudos to all the editors for working with such an awkward theme for an individually scored editing competition and rising to the challenge.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
"A-M-V.org: Where Hardcore means finding the littlest things in a two-week video and tearing it to shreds."

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:12 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:"A-M-V.org: Where Hardcore means finding the littlest things in a two-week video and tearing it to shreds."
I dun care what people say, I'm proud of my video :awesome:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:
"A-M-V.org: Where Hardcore means finding the littlest things in a two-week video and tearing it to shreds."
If what you've seen so far is a good example of tearing videos to shreds...then I picked an excellent time to drop out of the judging.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Radical_Yue wrote: If what you've seen so far is a good example of tearing videos to shreds...then I picked an excellent time to drop out of the judging.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:54 pm

ITT: Nobody cares anymore

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”