Calling [AX2011 AMtv Pro Winner and Best in Show]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Calling [AX2011 AMtv Pro Winner and Best in Show]

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:03 am

neko kitkat wrote:
I don't have the best effects with my vegas movie studio and I admit I was experimenting with this vid on the most part. But it was a fun id to make none-the-less.

Keep in mind, that you don't have to leave stock effects and transitions as is ;p I'm a Vegas user myself and I've found that a little experimenting can lead to some really neat results.

And you want one of the best examples of all?

Is a Vegas video. With the exception of the rotos of course ;p She chose to do those in photoshop instead.

Be creative and learn to turn bland and bleh into awesome :D

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 am

Didn't really like the cookie cutters but other than that, it was great! :up: And congrats on your wins! :mrgreen:

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:36 am

That's why you should use Premiere Pro! You don't have access to fancy looking effects, so every effect looks impressive!

wait...

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 am

Yeah i didnt care for some of the cookie cutter effects and the one scene with the rocket falling and then you had the main girl trying to win that card game. It was hard to keep focus. on one thing bc you had so much going on at once. But i do give you props for winning i did not get to go see the contest bc the place seemed full when i went in. but congrats. :)

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Loooooove~ <3

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 pm

It was good. I enjoyed how it focused on progression and story telling.

Though I think it could have benefited from simple things like pans/zooms/etc. A lot of scenes were very static, and didn't direct my attention too well, so this video had a lot more potential. Still, the focus of the vid was pretty clear, so it carried along quite well :)

Congrats on Best in Show, and hope to see more stuff from you :up:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”