Calling [AX2011 AMtv Pro Winner and Best in Show]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
neko kitkat
Org Profile

Calling [AX2011 AMtv Pro Winner and Best in Show]

Post by neko kitkat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 am

I posted this video up on youtube several months ago but I didn't have very many views on it. I submitted this amv to Anime Expo 2011 AMV Contest and I guess it premiered there more so than youtube XD although I cleaned up some things for the AX submission than the one on youtube.

I have had this account for a while But I never uploaded anything on here out of fear of someone stealing my amvs....but I think I'll upload stuff here anyways since my computer keeps dying on me -_-

Anyways the anime I used is the movie Summer Wars. The song is Major Tom by Shiny Toy Guns.

I am happy so many people liked this amv at Anime Expo I never expected to win AMV Pro, let a lone best in show. I thought Pink Haze got that one XD her amv was beyond amazing in my opinion.

I hope you all enjoy this amv, criticism is welcomed ^_^

Thank you

Cyrix
Org Profile

Re: Calling [AX2011 AMtv Pro Winner and Best in Show]

Post by Cyrix » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:59 am

Hey, I saw your video at AX and really enjoyed it! The ending in particular, when the female character comes into the virtual world, really stood out to me. Good to see it up, I want to watch it again.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:19 pm

I actually like this video because I confess haven't seen the movie.

Congrats on the win and don't spend all the money in one place. :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Loved it at the con and glad to grab it here.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:00 pm

I seen this on youtube... =D
Glad its up on here now, really liked this, thought the song, scenes and anime matched well :3

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:03 pm

your vid made me buy the movie.

i voted for you in pro but i admit i voted for pink haze best of show :) but my best of show vote goes to creator's favorite so that doesn't really make a difference. congratulations!

pink haze
Org Profile

Post by pink haze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:02 pm

I always love it when an editor syncs to the lyrics all the way through but completely changes the song's original story. This vid has great timing, it flows from start to finish and there's never a dull moment, but the lyric-sync is where the wow factor comes in for me. ^_^ Great job!

Now I'd better go watch the movie...

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Some of the cross fades threw me off a little, but it was a nice watch! :3
Rawr desu <3

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of this one actually :<

It's a linear Summer Wars video with bad looking stock effects set to a catchy song.

The song itself really doesn't have any connection to whats on-screen and it feels like you tried to force the mix.

Sorry but :down:

Gratz on the win though, judging from the posts you made, it seems like you really needed the cash. :)

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:52 pm

[quote="Radical_Yue"]Sorry, but I'm not a fan of this one actually :<

It's a linear Summer Wars video with bad looking stock effects set to a catchy song.

The song itself really doesn't have any connection to whats on-screen and it feels like you tried to force the mix.

Sorry but :down:

Gratz on the win though, judging from the posts you made, it seems like you really needed the cash. :)[/quote]

[quote][/quote]

Thank you for being honest and I respect that. ^_^ I admit that this song doesn't fit summer wars exactly but when i heard the song summer wars is what came to mind and I just wanted to see if I can make it fit. It was just a challenge on my part. Sometimes I like to take songs that don't fit series and try to make them work for the fun and challenge of it. So i understand it doesn't make sense in this video.

I don't have the best effects with my vegas movie studio and I admit I was experimenting with this vid on the most part. But it was a fun id to make none-the-less.

I don't think this video would please everyone and people have their own opinions and I like to have criticism. I am very happy that you told me what you disliked and such so I can choose songs more wisely and use my effects more effectively and not to force the video as you say. Thank you ^_^

oh and thank you for congratulating me too *HUG*

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”