Some sort of pushing effect + some extra

Ematheo
Org Profile

Some sort of pushing effect + some extra

Post by Ematheo » Fri May 20, 2011 8:19 am

I was wondering how to make this thing where one clip is being pushed away by another clip.
You can see some in this vid at 0:06 - 0:08.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xurz97FLiqc

Also how do you do that thing he does at 0:17 - 0:19 with the manga?

I think he's using Vegas and so am I. I know you can use a transition to make the first effect but when I use one it just messes up my clips by making dem longer which totally ruins my timing. So is there another way to do this?

Also this at 1:40 - 1:42 How do I do that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJgrhPf4Cc

Help much appreciated!
lurvtuss

theDarkSite
Org Profile

Re: Some sort of pushing effect + some extra

Post by theDarkSite » Fri May 20, 2011 3:48 pm

The first one - the only thing I saw was how the scene trampled the previous one - you can make it with position option. Just make the second layer go on top of the first and play with the position, you can easily make it with premiere pro - anchor point, make keyframes, you can make it appear with mask as well - with mask expansion and feather.

The second one - choose a page of manga with big resolution and follow each part of the manga with the camera or just change the position of the manga (with camera option is better) - I don't know how exactly can you do it in vegas, but I don't think it is something difficult, in Adobe is one of the easiest things.

The third one is maybe some basic effects, I'm not sure...
PSYence Series in progress... loading...

The eyes are limited in what they can perceive,
whereas the mind is limitless and unfathomable...

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 am

All those effects are basic position + camera movement fx. Not sure how to do it in Vegas. But it's really all just clips changing their positions with some camera shake and motion blur. So much of it that it makes not wanting to watch it.

3rd one is called a video-wall, it's just a series of clips that are arranged grid-like and zoomed into. Unfortunately I don't know Vegas, but I'm sure it has the capabilities to do such basic things.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I think it's the Newblue FX roll transition, you can probably do it other ways but that's the easiest way to do it.

AnimeCutieGirl
Org Profile

Post by AnimeCutieGirl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Hello there :)
Hm the first effect, It's just a transition, its from new blue fx. It's one of the roll effects in there.

The second effect It may be a video wall, clips just zoomed out of and placed in a grid format, but
when I do an effect like that I usually place all the clips i want within in different tracks but lined up directly up and down. Then I would add the cookie cutter effect to each one and create a grid kind of structure. And then finally pan and crop the clips so no subtitles show. Hope that helped :)

Ematheo
Org Profile

Post by Ematheo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:39 am

Oh thank you guys! Sorry for the late reply but I didn't think someone else would reply to this. Anyhow, thank you!

Shui
I promise I wont use them so much you don't want to watch. ;o
lurvtuss

Return to “Effects & Techniques”