Steins;Gate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Steins;Gate

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

The last two episodes of Steins:Gate have left me feeling very numb.
Spoiler :
Any ending where Mayuri dies is just not a ending that I want :cry:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 am

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 pm

THIS SERIES IS SO CRAZY! I can't seem to get enough ...
Spoiler :
Sort of sucked watching Mayuri go bye-bye a million time. Hope they can save her.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:35 am

Animes like this one are truly the reason I still watch anime even if i dont talk about it much anymore. The characters, plot, semantics, really everything is in order and well balanced here. Its not overkill but plenty to keep you watching and the creative plot is a great hook, line, and sinker for someone wanting something fresh for a story.

Seriously tho man FFFF!
Spoiler :
Any ending in which mayuri dies is unacceptable, I'll ragequit.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Hastega
Org Profile

Post by Hastega » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:42 pm

I've heard good things, I may actually pick up watching this show sometime.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:52 am

"sonovabitch" lol

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Best scene out of the anime so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bf0aYBk0OQ

Seriously I lol'd hard.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Ton of unexpected plot twists, cant make heads or tails of whats goin on in this anime anymore other than saving mayuri. Still good, just staying interesting and weird, prolly what I like most about it anyway. I don't understand what causes things to change the future either. The last time he went back, he didnt really do anything event changing or maybe I missed it/didnt notice it, the devergence meter still went up though.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 pm

EvaFan wrote:Ton of unexpected plot twists, cant make heads or tails of whats goin on in this anime anymore other than saving mayuri. Still good, just staying interesting and weird, prolly what I like most about it anyway. I don't understand what causes things to change the future either. The last time he went back, he didnt really do anything event changing or maybe I missed it/didnt notice it, the devergence meter still went up though.
yeah, I don't even know what has and hasn't happened anymore. I still love the series though.

oh but,
Spoiler :
poor Feiris. She had to make such a rough decision.

Bongu-san
Org Profile

Post by Bongu-san » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm

EvaFan wrote:I don't understand what causes things to change the future either. The last time he went back, he didnt really do anything event changing or maybe I missed it/didnt notice it, the devergence meter still went up though.
Well, any little thing you do in the past has a high probability of affecting something in the future. I think theoretical scientist use something similar to chaos theory (I think Kurisu mentioned the butterfly effect at some point) to explain the effects of time travel.

Although, it is a causality problem, the meter is a great plot device to show us how each decision moves him to the goal.

After Ep17:
Spoiler :
I think the goal is to undo everything he has done to get the IBN5100, then erase their existence from SERN's network. Well, he has returned the Moe. Now, he will probably reverse "Shinning Finger's" text message - probably location of the IBN5100 - or send a message to himself or someone else prior to that message. That seems like it would be enough to get the IBN 5100 back, but maybe he will have to go further.

I wonder if he will have to also reverse Ruka-chan's gender back.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”