Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 3 Videos]

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Also, I'm done judging |:>

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:If I host a cake competition, bring cupcakes, wedding cakes, funnel cakes, you can even bring a picture of a cake if you want to try to get smart. But if you bring a bucket of horse droppings with the word cake written on it and say "YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS THHHIIINNNKKIINNNG AND THE BAAACCKKKSSTTOOORRRRY."
Then I shake my head and say "No."
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=82
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm

CodeZTM wrote:In terms of the videos, my personal favorites were Video 6 and 2. 6 because it was serious and did a great job displaying its virtue, and video 2 because it captured more than just the sin. It also captured the human involvement with the sin and its affect on the world and how it turns out for them.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure out the sin or virtue on either of those videos.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm

interesting videos ^^

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Ileia wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:In terms of the videos, my personal favorites were Video 6 and 2. 6 because it was serious and did a great job displaying its virtue, and video 2 because it captured more than just the sin. It also captured the human involvement with the sin and its affect on the world and how it turns out for them.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure out the sin or virtue on either of those videos.
I assumed hope/courage and lust respectively. Although I didn't ask the editors personally. :sweat:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:32 pm

I was sort of thinking lust for the second one....but I interpreted that video as being more "love" than lust.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Ileia wrote:

I say 2 as a creepy stalker lust but by the end if fell apart.

As for 6....6 doesn't know what virtue it wants to be. "I think I'm hope? Or maybe I'm fortitude...Ah hell with it, let's just go with cheesey lyric sync." It also falls apart by the end :D

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm a little disappointed with the song choice for a few of these videos. For a AMV editor, the song is usually your best tool for expressing the intent of your video. But some of these songs felt like that have nothing to do with the the sin or virtue that the editor was trying to portray.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Gotta say, I enjoyed this round the most concerning the vids and judging. I'm sure even the editors in the contest would agree that round themes like these are fun/interesting. I would use more themes like these in future contests.

Like for example next year you could do personality types and ppl have to pick one and portray it. Simple things like that are fun and interesting and still leave room for people to pick/choose and come up with ideas. The less limits there are the better for rounds. Just my 2 cents.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:36 pm

lets see if i can guess:

1 = no idea
2 = no idea
3 = Gluttony
4 = Envy
5 = Fortitude?
6 = Fortitude? or wrath?
7 = Sloth and then Lust? o.O
8 = Wrath
9 = Wrath?
10 = all 7 sins... (thought we were supposed to pick one? D:)
11 = Fortitude
12 = greed

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”