Premiere CS5 + Pwolf's AVS64 Import Plugin Guide

EvaFan
Org Profile

Premiere CS5 + Pwolf's AVS64 Import Plugin Guide

Post by EvaFan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Here's a simple guide to get Pwolf's avisynth import plugin and CS5 working along with some extra benefits if you have a multi-core/hyper-threading processor. This assumes you want to edit with avs files and don't want/have space to convert to an editing format. The pros and cons of this are opinionative for the most part so go reading and decide yourself. I edit with AVS files because I like having all my source at my finger tips and my computer specs allow for editing AVS files with really no drawbacks.

Steps:
1. Download/Install Avisynth Version 2.5.8 if its not already installed. Version 2.6 will not work and the developers are not interested in 64 bit support as far as I know. If uninstalling your current version of avisynth, make sure you keep your plugins folder or else you will have to get all your 32 bit plugins again.
2. Download Avisynth 64 bit 8-29-10 Release.
Note: There are reports that there is a resizing bug in the 8-29-10 release, but I use it and have no problems with it. Maybe someone more informed can come and explain this cause I can't. If this worries you, you can download the 4-16-10 Release instead.
Run the installtion script (provided by Turbojet of the Doom9 forums) included in the archive as administrator
This DLL will not interact or interfere with any of the functionality of your 32 bit Avisynth installation
Avisynth 32-bit is located in C:\<Windows Root>\SysWOW64, this version installs to (as backwards as it may seem) C:\<Windows Root>\System32
If this does not work for you, Copy included DevIL.dll and avisynth.dll into your C:\Windows\System32 directory
Again, it's backwards, but all 64bit binaries are located in System32
4. This DLL will only work with 64 bit programs, and 64 bit codecs. Remember this so you don't run into conflicts later on. Download Virtualdub 64 bit and DgDecode 64 bit if you use Dgindex to index your sources. Place the DGdecode.dll in your avisynth/plugins64/ directory and just to make sure their are no problems between DGindex and your plugin, I would recommend replacing the DGdecode.dll in your DGindex folder with the one you just downloaded. If you don't, you may run into problems when loading your d2v files when using 64 bit avisynth.
5. Go here and download all the plugins you want/need/use and place them in your 64 bit plugin directory.
6. Confirm that everything works. Index a DVD with DGindex and create a simple script. Test it with VDub64. If it doesn't work make sure you followed all the steps above correctly before posting here for help.
7. Download and install Pwolf's wonderful AVS Import plugin for CS5 and thank him for it later. I can't help with problems regarding this plugin, post problems in this thread if you need help.

Optional:
I encourage exploring the usefulness of setmtmode() that was included in the 64 bit installation you followed. If you are using a processor that has more than one core or supports hyper-threading you can see significant performance/speed gains when it comes to editing and rendering with AVS files. The speed boost from this is insane and could even help the person who just wants to convert/encode their sources to an editing format. Anyway just want to encourage it, its not necessary.

Feel free to post any info in regards to avisynth 64 here or if you have comments, concerns, or just in general need help, don't hesitate to post. Figured I'd get the only guide out of the way that I felt confident enough to do myself.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Koishi-Chan
Org Profile

Re: Premiere CS5 + Pwolf's AVS64 Import Plugin Guide

Post by Koishi-Chan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:03 am

Thank you so much for this. I have been trying to get back in the game for a while now but have found myself drowning in a sea of 32bit programs with no way out. you have inspired me to persevere and I can now see the light.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Anyone know how to get Pwolf's avs plugin to work with Premiere Pro CS5.5? :|
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Anyone know how to get Pwolf's avs plugin to work with Premiere Pro CS5.5? :|
It works. I've tested it. Check to make sure it's being installed into the correct folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5.5\MediaCore

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 am

Pwolf wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Anyone know how to get Pwolf's avs plugin to work with Premiere Pro CS5.5? :|
It works. I've tested it. Check to make sure it's being installed into the correct folder:

w00t! It works! Thanks to the King!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:07 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Pwolf wrote:

w00t! It works! Thanks to the King!
next time just contact me directly, you'll get things fixed faster :P

Return to “Video & Audio Help”