Effects Help

Z3ro42
Org Profile

Effects Help

Post by Z3ro42 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi I'm New To this I've seen AMV Makers Do Interesting Things With Programs Like Vegas Or Movie Maker I have Movie Maker And I Want To Know How To Do Some Effects I Can't Do Like In Some Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw2nx9A0_eY

And The Second One Is My Main Problem How Did Sorrowofdestiny Did These Flashes In The Beginning?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2eKvYvyOP8

Someone Please Answer.

RajinIII
Org Profile

Re: Effects Help

Post by RajinIII » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:13 am

Are you referring to Windows Movie Maker, as in what comes factory with a new PC? If so then you wont be doing much more than simple transitions I am afraid.
"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose."--Rick Warren

Z3ro42
Org Profile

Post by Z3ro42 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:59 pm

ppl like Sorrowofdestiny did some awesome effects and transitions I want 2 make my AMV's Better.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 am

Z3ro42 wrote:ppl like Sorrowofdestiny did some awesome effects and transitions I want 2 make my AMV's Better.
Please don't go around thinking that effects will make your videos better. Its good editing that makes them better. If you want to do some good editing, you really should move on from windows movie maker and try out Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas is able to do just about everything in that video without any problem, and is great for timings. Most of the higurashi video is just transparent overlays and maybe a little chroma keying.

Z3ro42
Org Profile

Post by Z3ro42 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:18 pm

kireblue wrote:
Z3ro42 wrote:ppl like Sorrowofdestiny did some awesome effects and transitions I want 2 make my AMV's Better.
Please don't go around thinking that effects will make your videos better. Its good editing that makes them better. If you want to do some good editing, you really should move on from windows movie maker and try out Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas is able to do just about everything in that video without any problem, and is great for timings. Most of the higurashi video is just transparent overlays and maybe a little chroma keying.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”