Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Results]

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Results]

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 am

I call shenanigans on people not knowing True Tears.

Damn, the after story kicks in at 0:30 and nobody could even tell. I thought that would be ideal, making a vid about after story that nobody notices is there - because what's the point in slapping a huge red text of "AFTER STORY BEGINS HERE" in the video? |:

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:38 am

(oh wait, people want funny videos, maybe it would have been better. Also some kewptangles and flying text... mumble mumble ramble :< )

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 am

RE: My vid.

I was originally thinking about calling it 'Obsolete' and showing Hideki losing interest in Chii as if she was any other gadget. Then I realized I really couldn't pull it off with the time I had, so what I went with was this: Chii loves Hideki, but Hideki loves brunette (lol I can't remember her name); Chii is sad and despondent about this, she wants to run away from the realization, but can't and starts to crash. Hideki doesn't think she's worth fixing, and thus trashed.

... so yea, I get it's rather muddled and probably confused the heck out of people who hadn't seen Chobits. ^^;;
But I do what I can.

Thanks for judges' awards, sorry I made it sad ^^

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 am

The Anti-Eh-MV Award #2 Worst Use of Canada
I LOL'ed so hard!
(Also can't we pretend he doesn't belong to us :uhoh: )

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:35 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:RE: My vid.

I was originally thinking about calling it 'Obsolete' and showing Hideki losing interest in Chii as if she was any other gadget. Then I realized I really couldn't pull it off with the time I had, so what I went with was this: Chii loves Hideki, but Hideki loves brunette (lol I can't remember her name); Chii is sad and despondent about this, she wants to run away from the realization, but can't and starts to crash. Hideki doesn't think she's worth fixing, and thus trashed.

... so yea, I get it's rather muddled and probably confused the heck out of people who hadn't seen Chobits. ^^;;
But I do what I can.

Thanks for judges' awards, sorry I made it sad ^^
I was the one who mentioned not watching Chobits (yes, yes, I know. It's on our list of shows to watch) That being said, I *did* get what you were doing, despite that. So mission accomplished with your vid--I thought it was really well done.

On a related note, that was one of the things that, right or wrong, was a factor in my judging decisions---whether or not I could determine what the "after story" was, even if I hadn't seen the anime. Personally, I thought that a really successful video could convey the both the "before story" AND "after story" to me--the whole shebang in one package. And a few of them did, really well. Again, it's not the editors' fault if I hadn't watched the animes they were using and therefore didn't "get" their after story; I didn't let that negatively impact my judging decisions. It just meant I had to do a bit of googling. :oops: But, the ones that I could "get" and appreciate, regardless, definitely received a positive judging response from me.

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:48 am

I feel like I should explain my vid better now, then, so...

In the start they end up together, but then, after some time, girl is fixed on her basketball play and the guy upon meeting old love realizes he still likes her. He fights himself for some time, but ultimately decides and calls her and they do naughty things together (director note: fade windows to black - yep, nothing raunchier in the show). Unluckily, his girlfriend finds out and runs away with "another boy" (not important, really. Has a bike.)
Bike crash, funeral, boy is sad and wallowing in his guilt. But the girl comes and helps him realize that he's still got her and that they can continue with their lives.

I have to admit that in the end I planned them to have some little girl together which would be named after the dead girl, but since nobody has seen TT, obviously, it would probably confuse watchers even more...

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:51 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:I was the one who mentioned not watching Chobits (yes, yes, I know. It's on our list of shows to watch) That being said, I *did* get what you were doing, despite that. So mission accomplished with your vid--I thought it was really well done.

On a related note, that was one of the things that, right or wrong, was a factor in my judging decisions---whether or not I could determine what the "after story" was, even if I hadn't seen the anime. Personally, I thought that a really successful video could convey the both the "before story" AND "after story" to me--the whole shebang in one package. And a few of them did, really well. Again, it's not the editors' fault if I hadn't watched the animes they were using and therefore didn't "get" their after story; I didn't let that negatively impact my judging decisions. It just meant I had to do a bit of googling. :oops: But, the ones that I could "get" and appreciate, regardless, definitely received a positive judging response from me.

Dude no worries! That's totally how I'd judge a story-based amv if it were me. I just wanted to post what I was going with since I don't have the benefit of an info page to explain. I've noticed a lot that whenever I make something story-based a lot of people take something different away from it so I'm always interested in seeing how what I intended compares @_@

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:57 am

Pwolf wrote:
This makes FMP look totally badass. Do want!
But but... FMP is totally badass D:
Point taken. I should've written "even more baddass" :D
Nya-chan Production wrote:I have to admit that in the end I planned them to have some little girl together which would be named after the dead girl, but since nobody has seen TT, obviously, it would probably confuse watchers even more...
I did watch True Tears and the story makes sense to me. Plus, it's totally believable considering how much of an undecisive bitch the main character is... :uhoh:

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:05 am

I'm not going to say anything really because I hated my video and well yeah I just thought submitting something was better than nothing at all. xD; I also knew it would get the whole 'Twilight' thing cause VK always does. I see no sparkles here. Though it seriously wasn't meant to be like that... XD I'm just bad at storytelling. I just wanted Yuuki to die in all honesty, and make it Zero's constant thirst for her blood that kills her in the end. So it moved from him being there to protect her, to ultimately killing her. I wanted Zero to die at first, since I hated his character slightly more than Yuuki, but changed my mind since most people love Zero. Kaname is so much better. ;__;

-Goes back to wondering how I'm even in round 3- :sweat:
Rawr desu <3

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:04 am

Ileia wrote:
Silk_SK wrote:Who is judge number 4? He/she said mine was the best video in the bunch in their comment but gave it a score of 48.
Are you looking at the right video number? Column A contains the video number, the first block to the left of that is just the line number. Judge #4 said that Video 11 was the best of the bunch (which is why the other judges mention raccoon hats and cars).
Ah, thank you. I was confused about that. Too many numbers up in here.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”