Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Copycat_Revolver wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Eliminating me seems fair
Well that's very kind of you to volunteer.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Oh god, i coughed up a lung after laughing so hard watching Adam's video.

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Pwolf wrote:Oh god, i coughed up a lung after laughing so hard watching Adam's video.
What video could you possibly mean? I have left no clues.
SMOKE BOMB!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Copycat_Revolver wrote:
Pwolf wrote:Oh god, i coughed up a lung after laughing so hard watching Adam's video.
What video could you possibly mean? I have left no clues.
SMOKE BOMB!
NINJA STYLE! :shark:

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:50 am

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
Kitsuner wrote: Unless, of course, you left your name in your video in the exact same way you did last round. That's perfectly fine.
Damnit MCHY. >:/

The video will still be judged for standings purposes, but it will be disqualified from the competition.
If he's disqualified, why does it still need to be judged?
My video didn't get completely judged. Code, you should put his name up next to mostly zeroes, and in bold, and highlighted red.

You know, to be fair.

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 am

Hey, here's an idea: how about instead of kicking MCHY for identifying himself, how about we just kick him for being petty and mean and slanderous. You know, send a message about being sportsmanlike instead of just a minor identification infraction.
"Hey Murderer, you're holding your knife wrong. For that, you can no longer work for social services."
Either way he still gets kicked, but you know, just saying.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:13 pm

meleechampion wrote: My video didn't get completely judged. Code, you should put his name up next to mostly zeroes, and in bold, and highlighted red.

You know, to be fair.
I'm going to continue my desire to remain polite and address this as professionally as possible.

MCHY has a chance to be given a standing above those that were disqualified, eliminated and dropped from the first round, and those that dropped in the second round. He cannot be above those competing or eliminated in round 2. His scores are merely for decorative purposes and will have no real standing in the competition. He also personally requested them. And yes, he will still be getting the highlighted red treatment.

If you truly wish, I will gladly instruct the judges to score your video melee, and change the standings page to reflect its true score. I didn't know that this had upset you. My sincerest of apologies.

It's not going to change the fact that you were disqualified [it was a blatant rule violation, the same of which I'm DQ'ing MCHY for now], but I will be happy to try and amend any broken bridges between you and the contest. I just want to make everyone happy, but I'm not naive enough to believe it's possible.

Each contest is a learning experience, and I plan to use these experiences to build better contests in the future. PE has only had one prior successful run, and that was with fewer people involved. I've had many wonderful reccomendations from many different people, so if you have anything that you believe would make future contests better, then I will gladly hear them and implement them should I believe them to be beneficial.

Thank you,

CodeZTM

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:22 pm

CodeZTM wrote:PE has only had one prior successful run, (...)
And here I thought it was two (and a bit) O.o

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:23 pm

I was being facetious, if anything I think quite the opposite. Judge his video, your reasoning is sound. (The same reasoning should have been applied last round, specifically to me lol.) However, MCHY (apparently) didn't break any rules maliciously, and on a side note neither did I. We were just lazy and didn't read the rules. Obviously, to the people who followed the rules, eliminating them over someone who broke rules is unfair. That's completely understandable.

Here's the thing though, the fact that people are still dropping, but you still want to have eliminations seems, for lack of a better word, stupid. This is just my opinion. I think you're finally down to a number of people who actually want to be here, but for some reason you keep pushing us away. :D

I get it, this is in the form of a reality show, people have to go every round. Thing is, they are, on their own. |:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Next year, eliminations will not be a problem. Actually, neither will disqualifications. Kosmit came up with a fantastic idea, which I will be implementing next year. For now, however, I have to keep going with how I started, and there's not much I can do.

The reasoning behind my eliminations each round, is because it's really not fair to those that keep making videos. They're not really "triumphing" over anybody if they only win because people keep leaving.

Next year, I will DEFINITELY be having a preliminary round before the contest starts. I was honestly stunned with the number of drops we had in round one. I knew we'd have a few, but we lost nearly HALF of the contestants. >_>

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”