Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 Videos]

Post by ReggieSmalls » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 am

Silk_SK wrote:Man, I hope Melee manages to shoop his way back into this contest. He's made my favorite video both of these rounds.
I agree

and *claps* for whoever made #11 :up:
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:23 am

:up:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:42 am

So my thoughts this time...

My favs were:

#1 - because of atmosphere
#4 - props for using Chobits AND she. Though I suppose it could've been a bit better
#6 - for using True Tears AND instrumental
#7 - for not being afraid of Bebop
#10 - After Story :ying:
#11 - even though I didn't like the forced start, the follow up and execution were nice ^^

I am also kinda sad that #19 wasn't better - this had better potential and I considered editing with Diebuster too... or maybe I did edit it and just now I have realized how badly it was edited? orz

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:28 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Does it really half to be grounds for disqualification ? Yes it was stupid and yes I did it twice, but it honestly was unintentional both times, and it's not like it would help my score anyways. Technically in the rules there is no clear cut rule that says you can't reveal yourself in your video. *facepalm* @ myself
You mean this amended rule?
5 - Because this is a blind contest, you are also required to NOT SHARE your AMV with anyone else but yourself until the round is over. Beta testing with friends is ok, but those friends CANNOT be judges and those friends CANNOT share your AMV with anyone else or publish it anywhere else. Failure to abide by this will result in a disqualification.
AMENDED: Your name should not be visible in the AMV. Starting in round 2, this will be a means of disqualification. Use of voice acting in your AMV is permitted, but only because voices across the internet are not as commonly known as a text in the AMV that says "CodeZTM" or whatnot.
I actually didn't notice your name in there at first, I was too distracted with the increasingly petty and unnecessary jerk-i-tude. :|
It's a shame too, because that had the potential to be pretty epic theme wise.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 am

I was unaware that the rule was even changed as of R2. No one had informed me of it.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:30 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I was unaware that the rule was even changed as of R2. No one had informed me of it.
It was posted in the results thread after last round's fiasco with names. It was also a basis for frequent conversation when the videos and results came out last round.

I mean, good grief, it's a BLIND contest for judging. I thought it was obvious enough without having to say anything in the rules. But, while I was sympathetic the first round because the rules didn't actually say anything about it, I can't be sympathetic now, because it was posted and people were warned. If I don't disqualify you, it's unfair to the other competitors that did compete fairly, and who the judges don't know. I know it's a small and petty thing to be disqualified over, but it is out of my hands. I have to run the contest as fairly as I can, especially since this is an org-supported contest.

EDIT:

My favorite videos in a non-randomized order, but still not in an order that reflects my favorites.

1 [Makes me want to watch that imaginary show now. O_o]
2 [AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. MY EARS]
4 [You do realize that Chobits had a HAPPY ending, right?]
10 [Most literal interpretation of theme EVER. :awesome: ]
11 [SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE tennis]
13 [Most oddly fitting crossover ever. O-o]
19 [WTF. Just... WTF? But nice and creative. XD]

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 am

While I agree it was pretty obvious, I'm usually just completely oblivious though, and it's kind of hard to remember that when I was getting caught up in actually trying to make a decent video. I just feel it would of been more fair had I received a notification of the rule change. I also don't believe the name was that noticeable in my video nor would it have affected any of the judging really.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:30 am

I was actually rather disappointed in this round's videos. I know it was due to the theme of the round but it seemed like most of them required to viewer to have seen the show in order to understand what was going on. But that's probably just my feeling since I hadn't seen most of the shows (the moe ones) and they seemed like regular AMVs. I just felt lost watching them. I don't like having to take other people's word for it that a video was good. Even with the ones whose shows I had seen, I couldn't remember enough to fully get what was going on. But absolutely I loved the ones that either had their own story or made the story they were based off of obvious. Imho those videos should score better than the ones that just used the anime's story (is that just my bias?).

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 pm

CRINGES with embarrassment of my video After looking at these video

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Finished scoring. :amv:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”