Help with AMVapp Installation/Tests!

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Help with AMVapp Installation/Tests!

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Okay, I'm desperately trying to make my first AMV since I've been watching them for like 10 years now and thought I could try my hand at it and after a few maybe enter one in a con contest. So, when I began I downloaded a bunch of different programs: DVDfab by itself, Windows Live Movie Maker, t@b's ZS4, t@b's Zwein-Stein (I guess it's the original?), Sony Vegas Pro free trial, and possibly more programs that I can't even remember. Then I found the link to A&E's Technical Guide to All Things Audio and Video and saw the AMVapp and was like "Ohhh yes thank you thank you, my life is easier now!" But... no, something out there hates me.

So, I tried twice to install the app, the third time I took thorough notes on what happened and these are the notes:

Was trying to download amvapp and all was going smoothly but while installing H264 asked to install nero and to make sure connected to internet to do it. Click yes/okay (can't remember which but basically approved it) but then when it tried error message pops up saying H264 Tools 1.0 Setup on title bar of it and only thing it says is "Download Error" and only option to click OK.

Then the wizard says H264 has been installed and to close the wizard, then wizard continues installing amvapp by prompting installation of YUVCodecs 1.2 and everything goes smooth and fine from there.

When AMVApp 3.0 finishes installing, checked option to run AVIsynth and DGMPEGDec tests and clicked finish. Tests wizard opens, selected install and these are the results:

Test 1 - Version Test
-Window pops up with title error mplayer2.exe entry point not found and says "The procedure entry point RunDIIW could not be located in the dynamic link library msdxm.ocx
-Then new window says mplayer2.exe has stopped working and windows must close the program

Test 2 - Colorbars Test
Exact same error as first.

Preparation: "Automatically creating d2v file... This will flash up very quickly and close automatically"
-worked correctly

MPEG2 Test 1: YUY2 Colourspace
Exact same error message as first

MPEG2 Test 2: YV12 Colourspace

MPEG2 Test 3: RGB32 Colourspace

Were all tests successful?
-No

Took me to the troubleshooting page where none of the issues there matched mine, to which it suggested I post in the forum and hopefully someone can help :(

I'm thinking it's because it couldn't get nero? Or, whatever the "download error" was that it was having while installing H264? Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or had a similar problem resolved?

Thanks!

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Re: Help with AMVapp Installation/Tests!

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Ahh I just tried searching for mplayer2.exe in the search engine and found some threads about this topic lol. It looks like this is just a problem with Vista but that the program will still work and run, but I'll post back again with my results because NONE of the thread makers back then posted with whether it really did work or not lol
Once I tried to close my eyes.... I thought you disappeared.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 am

Um, the current version of the AMVApp doesn't include the tests, so I think you grabbed an old version. Uninstall the one you grabbed and get the one from this page. It includes much more recent versions of all the software, too.

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Yeah, I looked through the version I had and realized I was missing a few things. I downloaded the bits I was missing and decided to shrug off the tests. As far as clipping episodes in DGIndex and then converting them with the AVPmod and then making them .avi's, everything went smoothly so I'm not worried about that anymore. Now, if only I could figure out why WMM refuses to play the .avi's. It says the codec required to play the clip isn't installed, so should I download a codec from online for vista (one that is obviously NOT divx or xvid, I'm glad to have learned from other threads lol)? I didn't think I would need to since I have the UTcodec installed (which was what I used in VirtualDubMod to make my .avs files into .avi). Any suggestions? If I can't find a way to use the .avi's, my only other way to access the clips is to use the .m2v versions but when I pull those out into WMM, half the clip is missing and it's basically a total waste...

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Oh yeah and a side note, I WAS able to view the .avi clips in t@b's editing program but I can't make heads or tails of those programs, despite the online help guide, so that really doesn't help much T_T

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Another side note, I was also able to view the clips in Windows Media Player... Oh stupid computer, it just hates me. So, why would WMP be able to open it and see it but not WMM or Windows Live MM either?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 am

Well "downloading the bits you were missing" isn't a great idea. You'll have conflicts between the new-ish software and the software that's years out of date.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Video Editing Software”