Re: Org App

Post by Begi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm down to test it out

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:06 am

I'd be down for testing if I had an android phone. If only an iphone port was possible, but I suppose that'd require all streaming vids to be changed to html5 format. Seems too much work imho.
ImageImageImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:54 am

ngsilver wrote:I'd be down for testing if I had an android phone. If only an iphone port was possible, but I suppose that'd require all streaming vids to be changed to html5 format. Seems too much work imho.
why would it require html5 video? you can't play a mp4's on the iphone? ;)

As far as I know, it wouldn't be any different from the method i'm using now. I just hate Objective C so at the moment i have no plans to make an iPhone app. The other issue is I don't want to put the app on the App Store. Two reasons:

1) I don't want to pay $100 a year to apple for something I don't plan on making money on and
2) I have no plans, currently, to put the android app on the Android Market so I wont put it on the App Store, in which case, the only way you could use it is if you jailbreak your iPhone (Android at least gives you the option if you want to install non-market apps).

However, once I get the Android app to a point where I feel like I don't need to work on it anymore (aside from bug fixes), that will give me a base to work on if I decide to pull my hair out trying to code in Objective C again :| Of course this could all be fixed if everyone just used a better handset anyway >.> *cough* Android > iOS *cough*

That said, I've finished the login code so I just have a few more things to fix up before I feel comfortable releasing a test build for people to play with. if not this next week here, then probably next weekend expect something in your mailbox :P

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 am

I wasn't aware the org's streaming was mp4 and not flash. That does change things. Though I'd have to agree on the lack of will to pay so much to put an app up that there would be no intention of making money with. Can't say I'd want to try coding in objective C either.

I'd be more inclined to use android if there was a more widely used method for updating the version (and not have it be based on when the manufacturer feels they want to let you) and what I'd deem a good android phone for AT&T's network. Though right now I'm kind of at the mercy of my family for what network/handset I own. But that's just me.
ImageImageImageImage

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:10 pm

ngsilver wrote:I'd be more inclined to use android if there was a more widely used method for updating the version (and not have it be based on when the manufacturer feels they want to let you) and what I'd deem a good android phone for AT&T's network. Though right now I'm kind of at the mercy of my family for what network/handset I own. But that's just me.
Root and flash a new ROM ;) Most of the time you get better performance out of it than the stock firmware the manufacturer/carrier gives you. Not to mention non of the shitty launchers or other apps they put on it.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:09 pm

ngsilver wrote:...and what I'd deem a good android phone for AT&T's network.
Samsung Captivate w/ Cognition 3.02 here. Sure, the Atrix offers better performance, but then you have to deal with the bootlock Motorola puts on their phones. Also, even at 480x800, I'm spoiled by the SAMOLED screen. Absolutely beautiful colors compared to a regular LCD.

Been meaning to throw Cyanogen 7 on here (since they're using Gingerbread now), but they only have nightlies for the Captivate, and I want a stable build...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Pwolf wrote:
ngsilver wrote:I'd be more inclined to use android if there was a more widely used method for updating the version (and not have it be based on when the manufacturer feels they want to let you) and what I'd deem a good android phone for AT&T's network. Though right now I'm kind of at the mercy of my family for what network/handset I own. But that's just me.
Root and flash a new ROM ;) Most of the time you get better performance out of it than the stock firmware the manufacturer/carrier gives you. Not to mention non of the shitty launchers or other apps they put on it.
I agree, I like the fact you can just flash any droid in windows using RSDLite and an SBF of the version of your choice. Don't even need to root your phone to flash it.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

PM's have been sent out for those who contacted me about testing. If you would like to test, please send me the information mentioned earlier.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”